Notices

Do You NEED a Cabin?

Old 12-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Do You NEED a Cabin?

Just curious, other than using the cabin for storing stuff, how many on here truly "use" or "need" the cabin on your boat?

I'm still up in the air on what my next boat will be, and I still cant decide if a cabin is a 'must' or not. I haven't ever really needed one, but I can see the utility of having one. I really can't see sleeping on the boat, but I guess I cant rule out ever wanting to doing that either. But looking at the boating I've always done, day trips and partying are much more the norm. No kids either.

Having a port-o-potty/****er is really the only big desire I see for having a cabin, well that and having a place to get out of the rain in the event you get caught in some bad weather. I'm fine with peeing off the back, but I know the ladies tend to want a little more in the way of private facilities. I can see maybe wanting a cabin for 'gettin busy' too, but honestly, the cabin is often too hot for that anyway.

So what say you... do you really 'need' or 'want' a cabin?
Old 12-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930

Nope

LS
Old 12-31-2010, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep, we spend the day out and sometimes go eat late ,it is nice to have a place to clean up . Also got caught in the rain 5 or 6 times last year , the ladies like a place to get out of the storm until it passes
Old 12-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Nope

LS
What he said!
Old 12-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes280
yep, we spend the day out and sometimes go eat late ,it is nice to have a place to clean up . Also got caught in the rain 5 or 6 times last year , the ladies like a place to get out of the storm until it passes

Yeah, but you could "get ready" in a 1/2 cabin or 1/4 cabin. I bought a 342 for the cabin and never really utilized it. You can get out of the rain in a poker run layup cabin.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Yeah, but you could "get ready" in a 1/2 cabin or 1/4 cabin. I bought a 342 for the cabin and never really utilized it. You can get out of the rain in a poker run layup cabin.
true , i don't need a full weekender which i don't have. A basic cabin is all you need
Old 01-01-2011, 12:36 AM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

I don't need it but the wife does,.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SS930
Just curious, other than using the cabin for storing stuff, how many on here truly "use" or "need" the cabin on your boat?

I'm still up in the air on what my next boat will be, and I still cant decide if a cabin is a 'must' or not. I haven't ever really needed one, but I can see the utility of having one. I really can't see sleeping on the boat, but I guess I cant rule out ever wanting to doing that either. But looking at the boating I've always done, day trips and partying are much more the norm. No kids either.

Having a port-o-potty/****er is really the only big desire I see for having a cabin, well that and having a place to get out of the rain in the event you get caught in some bad weather. I'm fine with peeing off the back, but I know the ladies tend to want a little more in the way of private facilities. I can see maybe wanting a cabin for 'gettin busy' too, but honestly, the cabin is often too hot for that anyway.

My last 3 boats all "had" to have a cabin. I end up using it for storage only. We party at Fire Island, and shooting home is only about 10 or 15 minutes, and my bed in my house is way more comfortable than my boat. No dampness or bugs. Me and the wife go on cruise ships pretty often and stay in top notch suites, and even though it's a multi-million dollar cruise ship, it is not even close to as comfy as my bed,( but the steward is always nice). So, to make a short story long, a cabin is not necessary ( I assume we're talking about a performance boat- it would suck to not have a cabin in a 48foot Viking )
Old 01-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't use my cabin much either. I would rather have a race boat with a couple of foam floaties up front in case i had to get some sleep. Much lighter and faster.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like how Nor-Tech puts cabins even in their 36' cats and they STILL run fast!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.