Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Concert ticket prices (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24506-ot-concert-ticket-prices.html)

Iggy 05-16-2002 07:15 AM

OT: Concert ticket prices

This morning on the way in I was listening to Ron Diaz on Thunder 103.5 out of Tampa. He was talking about the Paul McCartney concert last night and he mentioned the ticket prices were running around 250.00 each (??). Sold out concert, 16K attended.
So, I do a search on the net for ticket prices.
I must be really out of touch. I can't believe what these promoters are asking.
Tickets for the same concert, but in Ft. Lauderdale are running 375.00 to 1080.00 each!!!!
Are they nuck'in futs?

I look at Eagles tickets. 180.00 and up. In Ohio.

So I look into someone I'd never dream of going to see, Britney Spears.
She'll be playing at the TD Waterhouse Center (Orlando Arena).
I don't know of any teenie bopper who could afford to see this show when the asking price is 135.00 to 540.00 a seat.
540.00 to see Britney?????? And that's not front row!!

They're crazy. I know I can't afford to see these shows.
So I guess I'll stay home and watch a movie.

CigDaze 05-16-2002 08:11 AM

...Remember when you could see 4 or 5 bands for like 25 bucks...and T-shirts were 10-15...What happened!:mad: :(

Milord 05-16-2002 08:20 AM

I have been to a lot of concerts and spent more on tickets than I care to share. I'm finally fed up with the gouging however. Prices have just soared in the last few years. They have been on a steady climb for a while now but it's getting nucking futz! No more crazy ticket prices for me! :mad:

Dave M 05-16-2002 08:21 AM

Don't forget the $7.00 beers that you have to wait on some mile long line for. Then you go from the beer line to the bathroom line.

I used to go to a lot of concerts. I guess my tolerance for crowds has gone way down.

Iggy 05-16-2002 09:08 AM

The last concert the wife and I saw at the Orlando Arena was Fleetwood Mac.
We sat about 50 ft back from the stage, floor level and only paid 50 bucks a seat and that was about 4 years ago.
I remember when the Rolling Stones played at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, must've been 8 years ago, they were asking 300 per. I thought that was outrageous back then.

I found tickets to see a Yankee's vs Tampa game, don't remember where they were playing, but a box seat cost 170.00 and cheap seats were around 60.00.
I'll stay home and watch it on TV.

It's no wonder the venue owners are complaining about poor attendance. Who can afford it? Not me. That thing sitting on the trailer in the driveway keeps my wallet empty as it is.

thunderdan 05-16-2002 09:22 AM

Oh yeah is it getting out of control. I bought Brittney Spears concert tickets for my wife and daughter, 400 bucks..But the concert is in July and in Atlantic City which is a great boat trip.:D :D

Shorty 05-16-2002 06:40 PM

I got Eagles floor seats for a mere $142 a pop here in KC. Gotta love internet-presale!! No way would I pay $500 smacks for Brittany. (Well maybe if I got a lap dance with it ;) )