Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Round 2 in the Manatee battle (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24508-round-2-manatee-battle.html)

CigDaze 05-16-2002 11:45 AM

I know, I know!...;)
Believe me, if it were only that easy, I would be all over it.

Unfortunately, for the time being my political involvement has to be limited to my voice and my pen. :cool: Which I try to use as extensively as I can.

mlitefan 05-16-2002 11:51 AM

"Dean...I really hope that Jeb Bush is one of the problems in your Manatee fight...I would love to see that crook voted out..."

Yea crash...you added a ton yourself...funny...I don't remember hearing about manatees in Chicago...crooked politicians yes but manatee no...

Understand now supercrash?

The only dog you have in this fight is your hatred for anyone named Bush…If you don’t like me pointing that out, don’t post…

Good luck down in Florida guys...sounds like you need all the help you can get!

CigDaze 05-16-2002 11:58 AM

Originally posted by mlitefan
Good luck down in Florida guys...sounds like you need all the help you can get!
Thanks mlitefan! ;)
Your sentiments are appreciated!

ForrestC 05-16-2002 06:02 PM

JEB will run against either Janet Reno or Tampa attorney, Bill McBride. McBride is virtually unknown, but he doesn't carry the baggage that Reno does. A lot of people in this state don't like JEB, but Reno won't be able to beat him - especially in the north central and panhandle regions. As in previous gubernatorial elections in Florida, unknown Independents of all types will be on the ballot, but all will receive less than one percent of the total vote.

Forrest

Sunburnt in Manatee-free Tallahassee.

Steve 1 05-16-2002 06:25 PM

Reno is Also very popular with the Cuban community down here. LOL In other words forget it !!

Keep the Props sharp Manatees are tough
:p

Dean Ferry 05-19-2002 01:37 PM

Forrest C,
Point taken, JEB will probobly get re-elected, espeically, if he runs against Reno! But, on principle alone, I can't vote for him!
It's funny, I heard somewhere that Papa Bush has 31' Fountain CC, I wonder what HE thinks about all the Manatee, (aka COASTAL GROWTH MANAGEMENT) issues!
Oops, Sorry, this is a boating BB, not political BS BB! :cool:
Raining in Fl!
MD:D

Dean Ferry 05-20-2002 07:15 AM

Latest Manatee development 5/16/02:

MANATEE BILL SIGNED BY GOVERNOR
Governor Jeb Bush has signed HB 1243 which contains the language
of the Lindsay Harrington/Bill Posey manatee bill. The bill requires local
governments to create balanced local manatee rule review committees
to look at any proposed changes to existing rules or proposals for new rules.

This bill marks the first pro-boater change to the manatee protection statute in 13 years.
Standing Watch led the fight for creation of these local rule review committees as well
as new statutory language which makes the state strike a balance between the rights of
boaters and fishermen and manatee protection.

Now that the bill has become law, it will be referred to as Session Law 2002-264.

THANKS TO ALL STANDING WATCH MEMBERS WHO CONTACTED YOUR
LEGISLATORS URGING THEM TO SUPPORT THIS BILL. WE WOULD NOT HAVE
BEEN SUCCESSFUL WITHOUT EACH OF YOUR INDIVIDUAL EFFORTS TO SHOW
LOCAL SUPPORT
MD:D

CigDaze 05-20-2002 08:22 AM

Fantastic news Dean!
I'm glad we finally got this through. :cool:

Iggy 05-20-2002 08:41 AM

OUTSTANDING!!!!
Great news.
The first step is always the hardest.