Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Booze and Boats - Is the Marraige on the Rocks? >

Booze and Boats - Is the Marraige on the Rocks?

Notices

Booze and Boats - Is the Marraige on the Rocks?

Old 01-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by On Time
New article in Performance Boats Magazine Jan 2011 issue. Excellent article, excellent examples given, and excellent point. I was almost hit by a drunk boater at full speed in Lake Travis at 11:00 PM while anchored with my wife enjoying the evening. YES the anchor lights were on. I had to power up and drag anchor to get out of his way. The behavior I see at times is atrocious and this article should be read by each and every member of OSO. As an owner of three boats I never drive drunk because I don't ever drink while boating. My crew may, but not me.

You comments please.
This is always a controversial subject because most of us enjoy a few cool ones while we are out relaxing on our boats.

One rule that I have applied since my early days on the water is to drink at a minimum as much water as you do beer...makes all the difference in the world for me. I feel better at the end of the day as well.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Everyone's much safer, and ultimately happier, if we all just drink water. I like Fresca, so that's a refreshing change

Think about it. At best, your insurance rates skyrocket and your boating days are gone. At worst, you, your family, or your loved ones are injured or dead. AND, someone else's maybe also.

If I had to choose between a beer and boating, boating wins everytime. The rest of it goes without saying.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 562 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
This is always a controversial subject because most of us enjoy a few cool ones while we are out relaxing on our boats.

One rule that I have applied since my early days on the water is to drink at a minimum as much water as you do beer...makes all the difference in the world for me. I feel better at the end of the day as well.

Water for every beer and plenty of food throughout the day.

Too many people i see don't have a drinking problem they have a eating problem.Drinking on a empty stomach and than continue drinking without anything to eat is a sure fire way to get phucked up in the hot sun .
Old 01-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Water for every beer and plenty of food throughout the day.

Too many people i see don't have a drinking problem they have a eating problem.Drinking on a empty stomach and than continue drinking without anything to eat is a sure fire way to get phucked up in the hot sun .
+1
Old 01-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
Everyone's much safer, and ultimately happier, if we all just drink water. I like Fresca, so that's a refreshing change

Think about it. At best, your insurance rates skyrocket and your boating days are gone. At worst, you, your family, or your loved ones are injured or dead. AND, someone else's maybe also.

If I had to choose between a beer and boating, boating wins everytime. The rest of it goes without saying.
I got in the habit of drinking plain soda water on the boat, cant stand sugary sweet drinks especially in the sun all day. Frescas great to we just cant find it around here.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-18-2011, 11:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1 or 2 tops when i am out all day more gatorade and water for me but when it is parked for the night at PIB or Kelly's then i drink on the boat but it doesnt leave until the next morning
Old 01-18-2011, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW! Great to hear about all you guys who love BOATING! and not just use it as an excuse to get drunk.