Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Speakers on the back of the boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/245316-speakers-back-boat.html)

Perlmudder 01-09-2011 02:19 PM

Speakers on the back of the boat?

Anyone have pictures of speakers mounted on the back of the boat? I was thinking maybe putting a set on the back so when we are hanging out you could hear the music better. If you have pictures post them up! Will the water and sun destroy them? I wanted to mount them right under the sunpad on the back.

LapseofReason 01-09-2011 04:02 PM

Look at some of Jassman's pictures, he had some cool boxes made and painted to match his boat so he could place them where he wanted and plug them in. look like 6 inch round ones, very cool better than cutting holes in the back of the boat.
My next boat will have them like that and I will put plugs up front to because sometimes you want to lay on the bow away from eveybody.

Jassman 01-09-2011 05:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by LapseofReason (Post 3292742)
Look at some of Jassman's pictures, he had some cool boxes made and painted to match his boat so he could place them where he wanted and plug them in. look like 6 inch round ones, very cool better than cutting holes in the back of the boat.
My next boat will have them like that and I will put plugs up front to because sometimes you want to lay on the bow away from eveybody.

thanks Lapse.... NorTech made them to resemble the scoops, then painted them, and made a bowling bag to store them.. It was nice to just plug them in touch the rear remote and didnt have to crank the volume.

BY U BOY 01-09-2011 06:04 PM

I tossed around the idea of making some fiberglass enclosures for some speakers adn have plug ins somewhere in the back. I was going to get some pin cleats with extra pins so I could build them into the speaker enclosure and just mount them when ready so they can not get knocked off the boat and are semi out of the way.

gare 01-09-2011 06:43 PM

Here's some nice ones if you want to pay for them. They're a little heavy to move around all the time, too. http://marine.jlaudio.com/products_enclosures_EWS.php

Perlmudder 01-10-2011 10:18 PM

I guess I am going to have to think about this a bit more. I would like something permanent and have them on a switch or something. I really just want to be able to hear the music while we hang out and not have to have the stereo blaring.

jmeng 01-11-2011 06:15 AM

Saw a Donzi 38ZR in Destin that had a pair of speakers mounted above the swim platform facing back. No pictures though.

gare 01-11-2011 06:57 AM

On the Formula web site it shows a set of speakers mounted above the swim platform on the 310 Sun Sport. Not bad looking and looks like it would be easy enough to do if you don't mind cutting on your boat.

A.O. Razor 01-11-2011 07:41 AM

+1 to the Formula idea.

I've been on the Formula 310 BR and it works really well, so that could be good inspiration. If you have a 4 ch. headunit just use the rear channels for the back speaker amp. Then you won't need a switch, and you should be able to control volume in the boat and aft seperately. Let us know what you do, and post some pic's.

Oh, and something like the JL marine speakers will have no problem with the sun and water + they sound good. http://marine.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=22

Happy boating.:drink:

Racegirl3 01-11-2011 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Perlmudder (Post 3294029)
I guess I am going to have to think about this a bit more. I would like something permanent and have them on a switch or something. I really just want to be able to hear the music while we hang out and not have to have the stereo blaring.

Send a PM to WOTWTE. Not only does he have and install the speakers, but he can also put some controls for the stereo there too. Its very cool to have them accessible at a raft up or sand bar ... or just sittin on the sun pad at the bar :D

Racegirl3 01-11-2011 09:59 AM

Send a PM to WOTW2E. Not only does he have and install the speakers, but he can also put some controls for the stereo there too. Its very cool to have them accessible at a raft up or sand bar ... or just sittin on the sun pad at the bar :D

Perlmudder 01-11-2011 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 (Post 3294287)
Send a PM to WOTW2E. Not only does he have and install the speakers, but he can also put some controls for the stereo there too. Its very cool to have them accessible at a raft up or sand bar ... or just sittin on the sun pad at the bar :D

thanx! we have a remote on the swim platform so i would like to be able to use that if possible.

i think the biggest problem is going to be mounting location. the spot where i would want to mount them is very small, maybe 3-4 inches? do they make speakers that small that would be worth it? or will it just be a waste of time and money?

http://images03.olx.com/ui/2/34/59/34982559_3.jpg

this isnt a picture of my boat, but i would imagine the dimensions are pretty similar, if not the exact same.

Racegirl3 01-11-2011 11:03 AM

So I lied ... He doesnt have speakers on the back of the boat ... they just sound like they are :D He's still the guy to talk to tho:kiss:

Busta 01-11-2011 02:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This does the trick to get the sound behind the boat while rafting up and allows you to hear while driving.

Jassman 01-11-2011 02:35 PM

the set up I had was simple. Rear remote, 2 plug ins and two speakers with non skid rubber bottoms in case they went on thepainted swim platform. just plug them in and adjust volumn, when finished stick them bag in the bag and store them in the cabin.. perfect for rafting up.........Im still looking for my other pics...Jeff

Jeffro2525 01-11-2011 03:29 PM

This does the trick to get the sound behind the boat while rafting up and allows you to hear while driving.
are those speaker pods aftermarket?

Busta 01-12-2011 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffro2525 (Post 3294602)
are those speaker pods aftermarket?

Custom, I guess you would say. My buddy and I made it.

Jcoombs 01-19-2023 05:08 PM

Busta, you still around? Would love to find out how you made your dash speakers