Notices

47 Fountain Lightning

Old 01-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 47 Fountain Lightning

Ok so I finally convinced the wife to stay with offshore style instead of cruiser-our boat history: 25 baja Outlaw, 40 Searay Sundancer, 27 fountain fever. She loved the Ray for the space-hated the 27 for the same reason. I think we have decided on a 47 lightning-anyone have any history on this boat http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o29405-en.html or know anything about it? Before we jump a plane from Toronto I would appreciate any insight. Ip osted in Fountain forum, but thought I would try here too.

Thanks all!!

Old 01-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have been trying to work out a deal on this boat for about 3 weeks, Ron Springer is not the owner of this boat anymore. He put the boat up for colateral and things didn't work out for him. There is a guy by the name Roland from Miami that has the title, so I have been told, there is also another guy Marv Friedman in the mix, not sure what his roll is.
I have been told that the gen. is out of the boat and needs rebuilt.
I am heading down the week of the 17th to look at this boat.__________________
Old 01-09-2011, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin67
Ok so I finally convinced the wife to stay with offshore style instead of cruiser-our boat history: 25 baja Outlaw, 40 Searay Sundancer, 27 fountain fever. She loved the Ray for the space-hated the 27 for the same reason. I think we have decided on a 47 lightning-anyone have any history on this boat http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o29405-en.html or know anything about it? Before we jump a plane from Toronto I would appreciate any insight. Ip osted in Fountain forum, but thought I would try here too.

Thanks all!!

Old 01-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

From the pics that boat looks beat.........look at all the rust in the bildge. I have seen it around but not recently. He stored it in Riviera Beach at the Loggerhead marina. His brother has a 38 Powerquest there as well.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Registered

thanks all for the info
Old 01-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Registered

thanks Blume I am sending you a PM
Old 01-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK guys sit down with your popcorn and enjoy!!!!!!

I just got back from a long weekend trip to look at this boat with a friend. First off a lot of wasted airfare and time to see this boat when we could have been looking at others. This boat is misrepresented in every way and the add is false. Typical used car salesman add.

The boat DOES NOT have new exhaust at all, it has been welded with the skill of a third grader. There was a 6-8inch weld on the top of the port motor pipe and each of the collars was welded and some still leaking.
Almost all the heads have been removed and welded from the corrosion by the same third grader and the worst machine job I have ever seen.
Look at the pictures, there is a generator on the boat, got there asked where it was they said it had rusted away and he would put another one in for 5 grand, WTF!!!!!
Moisture damage in the floor of the cockpit and a little in the cabin.
We saw all this and just left pissed off that we had been suckered.

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS BOAT.... I would not pay 50k for this boat!!!

I just don't want anyone else to spend there hard earned money to go see this boat.
Hope this helps to potential buyers.

Last edited by excursion; 01-13-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow I'm sorry to hear about your experience, at least you didn't buy it though. Good luck on your boat searching I'm sure you will find a nice boat, there are definitely some good deals out there right now on boats.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since he is a used car salesman he might try and sell us a 1979 Pinto.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by excursion
OK guys sit down with your popcorn and enjoy!!!!!!

I just got back from a long weekend trip to look at this boat with a friend. First off a lot of wasted airfare and time to see this boat when we could have been looking at others. This boat is misrepresented in every way and the add is false. Typical used car salesman add.

The boat DOES NOT have new exhaust at all, it has been welded with the skill of a third grader. There was a 6-8inch weld on the top of the port motor pipe and each of the collars was welded and some still leaking.
Almost all the heads have been removed and welded from the corrosion by the same third grader and the worst machine job I have ever seen.
Look at the pictures, there is a generator on the boat, got there asked where it was they said it had rusted away and he would put another one in for 5 grand, WTF!!!!!
Moisture damage in the floor of the cockpit and a little in the cabin.
We saw all this and just left pissed off that we had been suckered.

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS BOAT.... I would not pay 50k for this boat!!!

I just don't want anyone else to spend there hard earned money to go see this boat.
Hope this helps to potential buyers.

I thought the ad mentioned 40K just spent......that 3rd grader must charge a lot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.