Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boating nudity? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/245381-boating-nudity.html)

SlowPlay 01-10-2011 01:28 PM

Boating nudity?

Ok so ive tried tactfully to ask this question but i cant seem to get any answers.

When it comes down to it what are the laws of nudity on the water? I have been asked numerous times "can we tan topless on the boat?"

And honestly i have no idea what the "legal" answer is...... my answer is always SUUUUURREEEEEE!!!!!! wheres my camera!

Anyone know what the rules are out on the bay? or in general? I tried looking it up but that did me no good. This is not ment to be derogatory in anyway, i just dont want to put myself in a jam if ya know what i mean.

thanks

Sea-Dated 01-10-2011 01:36 PM

Depends on where you are. There is no "Nudity on the Water" rule. Some lakes ban it all together and some allow it in certain coves, Party Cove, Hippy Hollow, Etc. Not sure about oceans but I am sure if you go out into international waters you can do whatever the hell you want to.

RunninHotRacing163.1 01-10-2011 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by DustPuppy (Post 3293513)
Ok so ive tried tactfully to ask this question but i cant seem to get any answers.

When it comes down to it what are the laws of nudity on the water? I have been asked numerous times "can we tan topless on the boat?"

And honestly i have no idea what the "legal" answer is...... my answer is always SUUUUURREEEEEE!!!!!! wheres my camera!

Anyone know what the rules are out on the bay? or in general? I tried looking it up but that did me no good. This is not ment to be derogatory in anyway, i just dont want to put myself in a jam if ya know what i mean.

thanks

WHAT LAWS ?????

dont deprive them ladies of there topless/bottomless tan :eek:

may want to G@@GLE a few Havazoo Vids :party-smiley-004:

ckin62 01-10-2011 01:41 PM

One time I was out on the river and the FL wildlife guy stopped to F with me. While he was worried about what fish I had on board (none) a blow boat came by with several naked people on deck. I looked and him and he said "its legal!" I have no idea how look that one up to see if it is really legal or not.

t500hps 01-10-2011 01:43 PM

I assume it would fall under public nudity laws.......and whether the water partol officer was in a good mood. Assuming your in an area where kids/others won't be right next to you I believe the water patrol will just come do a long safety check on you and not write you a ticket. A the local hangout where families are would likely get you in trouble.

(I've seen girls flashing the coast guard at crowded raft-ups but with no kids around they just took it in fun...and came around often :))

X-Rated30 01-10-2011 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 3293538)
...and whether the water partol officer was in a good mood. Assuming your in an area where kids/others won't be right next to you I believe the water patrol will just come do a long safety check on you and not write you a ticket. A the local hangout where families are would likely get you in trouble.

As a lawyer, I can tell you it depends on the law in the city,county, and state you are in. His answer is about as good of a rule of thumb as there is.

Jassman 01-10-2011 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 3293538)
I assume it would fall under public nudity laws.......and whether the water partol officer was in a good mood. Assuming your in an area where kids/others won't be right next to you I believe the water patrol will just come do a long safety check on you and not write you a ticket. A the local hangout where families are would likely get you in trouble.

(I've seen girls flashing the coast guard at crowded raft-ups but with no kids around they just took it in fun...and came around often :))

exactly.. common sense..great answer... children should not be subject to nudity..

1bagger 01-10-2011 02:11 PM

Depends on the Woman . :evilb:
Here in Ontario woman are prmitted to go topless .

Paul

Dean Ferry 01-10-2011 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 3293553)
exactly.. common sense..great answer... children should not be subject to nudity..

Jass is right, and I've, (I was by myself in our little boat) seen in the past where a guy pulls up to remote beach with a boatful of strippers, and the strippers start doing their "Thing", BUT there are families in their boats at the other end of the beach..... well it didn't take long for the wives/mothers/etc from the "G" rated part of the beach to come unglued at the strippers, and rightfully so. Needless to say the girls put their clothes back on, and that boat left in a hurry!

LapseofReason 01-10-2011 02:26 PM

It should be on a scale, say your 5'5" 110#'s and hot you get to take it all off, 4'11" 250#'s inbread with no teeth you cant leave the cabin.

I do agree with the kids stuff, there are plenty of places to go lay out naked if you want.

Not sure what law is round here but have had my share of naked chicks on the boat and been seen by the law but they never say anything to me.