Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Getting ready to break ground on shop....need opinions. >

Getting ready to break ground on shop....need opinions.

Notices

Getting ready to break ground on shop....need opinions.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:40 PM
jrz
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FuelinAround
I am considering the heated floors to....the upfront cost looks extremely cheap. Just some real fast math looks like around $500 for all the tubing, but then I guess I need a hot water heater or a always hot system or something. My real question is does this stuff help keep the room a little warmer also? Even if I can't afford the water heater etc I may put in the tubing that way its there and ready when I need it.
I just finnished a 40 x78. Insulated the grade beam slab with 2" extruded foam and ran 3/4" pex about 1' apart with 5 loops. I did not keep track of the pex and foam costs, but the boiler, gas pipe, pumps, and everything else for the heat ran $6,500. A forced air furnace and the duct estimate was $5,850.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FuelinAround
I am considering the heated floors to....the upfront cost looks extremely cheap. Just some real fast math looks like around $500 for all the tubing, but then I guess I need a hot water heater or a always hot system or something. My real question is does this stuff help keep the room a little warmer also? Even if I can't afford the water heater etc I may put in the tubing that way its there and ready when I need it.
Even if I can't afford the water heater etc I may put in the tubing that way its there and ready when I need it

why would you put the Wirsbo pipe in if your not gunna hook it up now & utilize it ???? in your previous post you mentioned just a Temporary 2 year bldg . the pipe & connectors aint cheap like some 1" poly pipe u can get at Home DEP@T.. and keep in mind the GAS BILL for some reason the boilers luv to run wild for the radiant floor,pool,hot tub,& driveway sno melt system a 1k nicor gas bill for the month is'nt unusual
good luck on the build
Old 01-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Registered

just build what you need for the expansion of your business or not if you dont need it. Save the money for your future man cave and go all out.JAIME
Old 01-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
Even if I can't afford the water heater etc I may put in the tubing that way its there and ready when I need it

why would you put the Wirsbo pipe in if your not gunna hook it up now & utilize it ???? in your previous post you mentioned just a Temporary 2 year bldg . the pipe & connectors aint cheap like some 1" poly pipe u can get at Home DEP@T.. and keep in mind the GAS BILL for some reason the boilers luv to run wild for the radiant floor,pool,hot tub,& driveway sno melt system a 1k nicor gas bill for the month is'nt unusual
good luck on the build
Well the gas bill would flow through the company so I am ok with that.....as far as the doors being open much they should NEVER be open other than when I am puling my boat in and out. I may just look for a used heater we pulled out of one of our locations instead and heat the building. My dad bought a 110 plug in heater for there garage (for thanksgiving etc....3 car oversized garage) and it actually will keep the whole place heated pretty well. I might just rig a thermosta up to one of these bad boys and do that.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
Spray foam is the way to go;

did a bldg a few years back with the spray foam and within 2 years it came down in sheets , and had to have batts installed ...

dont fvck around just have 10 " blown in walls and on cieling and she'll be warm as toast
Uhhh...your not supposed to smear KY Jelly on this before you spray...
Old 01-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Registered

Another great site for ideas-
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/
Old 01-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by omerta one
Uhhh...your not supposed to smear KY Jelly on this before you spray...
Funny Funny guy Omerta

was'nt involved other then the cutting the check, but maybe it did'nt like the cold metal roof in our winter mos .. would never go that spray route again or on the next one will be 1000 miles south of here where it dont get cold ...
Old 01-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Registered

I put radiant floor heat in mine and love it. It recovers quickly because of the mass of the floor, for occasional opening it's not an issue. It's not something you cut on and off though, once I turn it on for the winter it stays on. Tapped into the existing boiler in the house and created another zone. My old feet like it too.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:02 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

my is 30'x70' clear spand hight is 16' and 3 12' doors should have went 14' on at least one
Old 01-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/grd/2160947955.html

Saw this today. I am not a big fan of the arch type buildings but this is a pretty decent asking price and would work in your budget.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.