Surprising find in my Barrett media kit >

Surprising find in my Barrett media kit

Notices

Surprising find in my Barrett media kit

Old 01-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain4play
Someone needs to let Bob Varsha know that their not corvette engines in...lol...it's amazing how they know every little detail about the cars but are clueless when it comes to boats...
Originally Posted by ciaoderhead
Actually they say alot of stupid and wrong chit about the cars too
I agree. I catch those guys talking out of their @sses alot

Originally Posted by Chuck
I figure mine is worth maybe 70-80K. Whew
Deal, when can I come pick it up?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
I would of bought it for that price if I was there
now i've heard everything Darr

you still have'nt gotten the scratch $$$ together for Thumpers $70K Skater and you were gunna buy this MTI too
Jim David Darr is selling his 40 Skater to buy Thumper's 40 Skater?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o35806-en.html

BTW, I thought Darr was banned here, no?
Old 01-24-2011, 08:19 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Jim David Darr is selling his 40 Skater to buy Thumper's 40 Skater?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o35806-en.html

BTW, I thought Darr was banned here, no?
banned
along with his son Sammy aka M!ni H@wk

Darr wants a real 40 without the cardboard bustle .
Old 01-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

On the speeded.com home page right now!

Boat trumps collector cars!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The deals really fluctuate- it all depends on who is in the room. Typically there are deals to be had on Thursday and Friday when the crowd is thin, not so much on Saturday and Sunday. They typically place the cheaper cars on the off days, although there are always a few real nice cars sprinkled in, late entries mostly. The nice cars sprinkled in with the expensive cars on an off day can usually be had for a deal. Also, any day early in the morning or after 6pm. The price differences can be staggering. Then again, it is always a gamble because all it takes is one other guy who wants the same car you want to drive up the price. Or if you are the seller, all it takes is one of the two guys who wants your car to step out to take a piss when your car is up.

One interesting thing about the auctions is the auctioneer always has the right to "ghost bid". If the action slows down, or you are the only bidder, the auctioneer will point to no one in particular and pretend like someone is bidding against you. It doesn't happen at a no reserve auction but it does happen sometimes when there is a reserve and the bids are below the reserve. The good auctioneers don't abuse it, they use it only when neccessary to get a car over the reserve. The hacks make it pretty obvious. That is why I always stand in the corner and stare at the crowd when bidding to find the other bidder, to make sure that I am actually bidding against another person.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by richanton
The deals really fluctuate- it all depends on who is in the room. Typically there are deals to be had on Thursday and Friday when the crowd is thin, not so much on Saturday and Sunday. They typically place the cheaper cars on the off days, although there are always a few real nice cars sprinkled in, late entries mostly. The nice cars sprinkled in with the expensive cars on an off day can usually be had for a deal. Also, any day early in the morning or after 6pm. The price differences can be staggering. Then again, it is always a gamble because all it takes is one other guy who wants the same car you want to drive up the price. Or if you are the seller, all it takes is one of the two guys who wants your car to step out to take a piss when your car is up.

One interesting thing about the auctions is the auctioneer always has the right to "ghost bid". If the action slows down, or you are the only bidder, the auctioneer will point to no one in particular and pretend like someone is bidding against you. It doesn't happen at a no reserve auction but it does happen sometimes when there is a reserve and the bids are below the reserve. The good auctioneers don't abuse it, they use it only when neccessary to get a car over the reserve. The hacks make it pretty obvious. That is why I always stand in the corner and stare at the crowd when bidding to find the other bidder, to make sure that I am actually bidding against another person.
haha just like at the local car auctions, today there was ghost bidding going on. concrats dave on the boat.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:55 AM

We had alot of fun selling the boat.Stu from the FPC did an awesome job with the display.We created alot of interest in the performance boat market. The funnest question i answered was from a lady who asked me : is that a boat ? followed by : How did you load that thing on its side?.Most people at a car auction never get to see a go fast boat up close.The models averaged getting their picture takin over !,000 times per day.not to bad for a MTI boat at the worlds largest car auction.The coolest thing was taking the gamble to sell a boat like this at a car auction ! ,that takes real balls !.The end result was that a MTI boat brought the highest price at the auction and the new owner got a one of a kind masterpiece and we added a new friend to the performance boat world.In all i would say it was a great event and the whole world got to see David Woods sober on a Saturday night ! Also Hugh Hefner is now talking to Stu about doing his own reality show! I guess owning a MTI can make all your dreams come true!!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by scott.downey@cox
We had alot of fun selling the boat.Stu from the FPC did an awesome job with the display.We created alot of interest in the performance boat market. The funnest question i answered was from a lady who asked me : is that a boat ? followed by : How did you load that thing on its side?.Most people at a car auction never get to see a go fast boat up close.The models averaged getting their picture takin over !,000 times per day.not to bad for a MTI boat at the worlds largest car auction.The coolest thing was taking the gamble to sell a boat like this at a car auction ! ,that takes real balls !.The end result was that a MTI boat brought the highest price at the auction and the new owner got a one of a kind masterpiece and we added a new friend to the performance boat world.In all i would say it was a great event and the whole world got to see David Woods sober on a Saturday night ! Also Hugh Hefner is now talking to Stu about doing his own reality show! I guess owning a MTI can make all your dreams come true!!
Great post. Thanks for the summary!!! New boat coming? Will it be in Miami/Islamorada?

Craig
Old 01-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Both..

David Woods sober on Saturday. Hmm... I wouldn't bid on that.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:41 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Boat is coming to Lake Champlain. Very nice local gentlemen got it from Woodsy.

Another great ride here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.