Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone going to Claudio's Memorial Day weekend? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24559-anyone-going-claudios-memorial-day-weekend.html)

Pure Energy 05-16-2002 07:13 PM

Anyone going to Claudio's Memorial Day weekend?

This is the first time in 30 yrs. I will be boatless for this weekend :mad: . I have never caused any type of mechanical failer in any boat I have ever owned. And once again I have been screwed by someone's mistake!

The 1st guy that worked on my Sonic last yr., installing superchargers, royally screwed up, 3 times!

1st time boat had more leaks than a storm cloud, and half the guages didn't work.

2nd, got it back supposedly all was fixed, still had leaks and boat would not go over 3000 rpm, the jackass didn't bother to time it, and guages still didn't work

3rd, pick up boat again, put it in the water, started out the marina, checked the oil and discover the head gasket was blown!

This yr. I bring it to a different and very reputable performance shop for outdrive work and engine fine tuning.

1. I go for a sea trial, check the oil and the other motor has a blown head gasket. OK, it happens

2. They fix the head gasket, do a sea trial before I get there. I get a call on my cell phone, as I am almost there, and they say they might have another problem. Well this problem turns out to be 3 melted pistons!! Some squid working there went on the sea trial and had the silent choice on! Exhaust backed up and heated the cylinders. Much to my surprize, and delight, they claimed responsibilty and are going to fix. Both motors or now out at the machine shop and will not be back in time. They have had the boat since the middle of March!

Damn I cannot get a break!!

So back to my original topic, anyone going to be at Claudio's??? Ozzie, Sean, can I get a ride???

Pure Energy 05-17-2002 07:12 AM

TTT

Sean 05-17-2002 08:17 AM

Ken,

I just saw this thread...sorry to hear about your troubles...hope they get the boat straightened out soon.

I'm tryin' to get to the water for Memorial Day if this weather would cooperate!! Email me yer number, and if we make it to the water and out that way, I'll give ya a ring! [email protected]

BTW, the Summer Fun Run will be coming to Claudios pretty soon, so you better get on that mechanic!

Sean

Gary C 05-17-2002 09:40 AM

Ken,
We're hoping to be out that weekend. I just hope the weather is good.

Tantrum 05-17-2002 09:45 AM

Ken,
If your feeling incomplete about "I have never caused any type of mechanical failer in any boat I have ever owned.", I can certainly teach you in very short order. I am the Yoda, Jeti Master of distruction :D .
Ha...well Im launching for the first time tomorrow....wish me luck.

The Wizard 05-17-2002 10:59 AM

Hi Ken,

Sorry to hear about your troubles bro, I know what that feels like. Not sure what going on for that weekend. If everyone decides to head out east you can count me in. If we do go out there, you can runs with us for sure. Stay in touch...are you going to A/C? I may also head over to brick this weekend...give me an E-mail

Hey Sean,

Whats doing man? Lets get something together soon. I'm leaving work early this afternoon. Splashing the boat at about 3PM, I should be happy, but I'm a little tense:D Boat should run well, I'll let you know tomorrow how it run, I have my fingers crossed :D

;)zzie

Sean 05-17-2002 11:06 AM

Oz,

Good luck today...I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya...you'll need to keep your hands on the wheel and throttles!!!:D :D

We'll do something soon...It looks nice out today, but this weather better start cooperatin' or i'm gonna start gettin' pissed!

Sean:mad:

Pure Energy 05-17-2002 04:55 PM

Sean, I will shoot you my #, I am psyched to be going back to the clam bar. Always a great time! Congrats on the new Cig!

Gary, we will be the ones with a stack of empty "buckets of rocks"!!

Chris, I am pissed but confident the outcome will be fine. Port and polished heads, cams. Good for maybe 100 HP? Will put me up around 700 hp each. Balanced, blueprinted, dynoed.......looks like a good season.

Ozzie, looking forward to seeing the Poweplay, always looks good! The wife and I will be doing the A/C Run, can't wait.