DCB M31/M35- anyone agree with me- >

DCB M31/M35- anyone agree with me-

Notices

DCB M31/M35- anyone agree with me-

Old 01-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question DCB M31/M35- anyone agree with me-

Ok so DCB M31/M35..goregous boats, however. these two models have full-wrap-around windshields such as Skaters/MTis, however has anyone noticed that bcuz of the design and width of the beam no one can get inside the boat from the bow... theres no room to walk from the bow, around the windshield and step into the boat.... Thats got to be an issue at poker runs.... theres no way to step over the windshield, so if standing on the bow of the boat,,, your suck...only way to get in and out of the thing is from the back..... Skaters and MTis provide enough width to walk around the windshield and step to the back of the seating area.....

do u guys agree this is a poor design?...eliminator 27/28/36 Speedsters also impossible to get into from the bow.....i love DCBs , but its just something ive noticed n been wanting to ask others.......

being able to get into and out of any Catarmaran from the bow in a quick response should be necessary at all times...

what do u guys think?
Old 01-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'd just have to get closer. Besides, those poles are pretty long. I don't think it would be an issue, just have the girls on the engine hatch.

Last edited by Catmando; 01-14-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've noticed a number of different boats, both vees & cats, that have this issue. People seem to overlook it until they are in the situation themselves, but I am always surprised that the manufacturer doesn't notice it when the boat is still in the design phase?

Having to step over, or on the windshield/dash area to access the bow is not only a pain, but can be fairly dangerous as well. If someone of average size falls, it can easily break the windshield or the gauges if that's where they land.

I've always liked the "Lightning" design over the "Fever" design on Fountains for this reason. It's definitely an important detail that makes a boat more or less user friendly.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Registered

Really? You sure have alot of opinion for a new guy.

If getting in-n-out easy is something you need, buy an openbow.

Most "not all" don't worry about the exit factor when buying these type of boats.

My opinion!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I think todd sleeps in his boat and doesnt worry about getting out lol
Old 01-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Registered

Have had a windshield broken by someone climbing over before.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
I think todd sleeps in his boat and doesnt worry about getting out lol
Sometimes, but I also know how to park at a dock,lol.

Seriously, if someone is worried about how to get on/over/out then chances are they are looking at the wrong boat in these models.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

I was just thinking about this exact subject. After seeing the latest M31 video, I revisited my powerboat mag with the test on the red,white and silver M31 that was tested. I love the looks of the boat but noticed how the outside of the gunwales are shaped and think it would be a challenge for some people to get in and out of the boat. Other cats have areas to step when moving from the bow aft or just getting into the boat at the dock. MTI,Skater, Nortech all have areas to stand and step but the M31 does not. Also the way the hatches open to the engines also make it impossible to access the cockpit when they are both open. I love the looks of the boat but these two things make you think.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Having to step over, or on the windshield/dash area to access the bow is not only a pain, but can be fairly dangerous as well. If someone of average size falls, it can easily break the windshield or the gauges if that's where they land.

Also side effects could be bloodshed....

Seems we always end up with at least one person "missing the grab" each summer and ending up back in the floor... we usually can bet on who it will be though and alcohol usually helps this factor tenfold

All joking aside,
What performance boat designs have the best bow access design??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.