Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Nextrail trailers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/245842-nextrail-trailers.html)

huskyrider 01-17-2011 10:04 AM

Nextrail trailers

I'm curious as to if any members on the board own the larger versions of this trailer Mfg, most specifically the 36-38 or the 38-42 tri-axle.
I'd like some feedback on them. They have very good internet pricing and offer delivery as compared to some of the other Mfg's with higher prices and me having to go take delivery.

Thanks,
Kelly

glassdave 01-17-2011 10:24 AM

I have several customers with them and they appear pretty nice and no issues so far. One is a 38 and for the money i was impressed with the whole package, looked good and towed well.

Redmen666 01-17-2011 10:49 AM

I had purchased a 38 triaxle trailer for my Fountain from Nextrail four years ago. They delivered it with no isssues and the trailer performed perfect and was sold last year with the boat. I would buy from them again.

MidOcean 01-17-2011 12:05 PM

Great trailers. If you want the same quality and want to save a few bucks you might want to check out Ace Trailers about 100 miles south of Nextrail.

Quality Time 01-17-2011 12:23 PM

I have one under a 32'. Okay, pulls well. I replaced all of the tie-down brakes with kodiaks. When I took delivery, one of the calipers was chattering, took the wheel off and the caliper fell on the ground. One bolt was missing and the other backed off. I have had miserable luck with boat trailers.

CAPTAIN CHUCK 01-17-2011 12:38 PM

I bought one for my 38' Scarab and have had nothing but trouble.
The lighting on the trailer went out after a couple of months and the bow pulpit bent under load and I had to replace it with a heavier gauge.

I would recommend looking elsewhere.

Quality Time 01-17-2011 12:42 PM

Yep, forgot, I replaced the tail lights as well with sealed LED's. Still waiting for Uriah (or whatever his name is) in the parts department to return my call from last year to get a new side marker light. :readinghelp:

Sean 01-17-2011 03:07 PM

I have on under my 33 Cigarette. Triple axle with surge brakes on 2 axles. I've been happy so far.

Jupiter Sunsation 01-17-2011 03:10 PM

I got one I bought new in 04, trailer has been fine. Factory actually stayed open late for me, my buddy got stuck in traffic on his way to pick it up for me. Like every marine business they are much slower now than in years past, less employees in the shop. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

tda3 01-17-2011 04:14 PM

Just an observation but Ace Trailers uses torsion axles which, IMHO, have a nicer ride than leaf spring supported axles. Nextrail's website is rather sparse so not sure what type axles they use.

Tom