'05 Velocity 290 SC History >

'05 Velocity 290 SC History

Notices

'05 Velocity 290 SC History

Old 01-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question '05 Velocity 290 SC History

Anybody know history on this boat? Looking at purchasing it, unfortunately it's a repo so I can't ask the previous owner. Any information could be useful, thanks.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't know the history of that boat but it is great looking boat, good luck.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Registered

Maybe you can call the factory with the HIN,. They may be able to tell you something about the boat. I don't think they'd give you the original buyer's name, but they may be able to pass your contact info on to the original owner.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

I know it's very early history.
It was a Miami Boat Show display model featuring custom paint by Kris Kruz. Kris Kruz painted most of the show boats at that time. It was featured in the Velocity brochure. The boat was sold to a new, first time boat dealer in the western US. I believe this was the dealer's one and only purchase from Velocity. I believe the dealer had it inventory for some time. I'm not sure where it went after the dealer or how well it's been kept up over the years.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Registered

Thanks for the response. I have until Saturday to make final decision and still checking. Boats in good shape, looks sharp, and I'm having the engine inspection done today. I also found some photos posted from the 2005 Miami boat show, kinda cool knowing it was featured at such a big boat show.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeX3nDB
Thanks for the response. I have until Saturday to make final decision and still checking. Boats in good shape, looks sharp, and I'm having the engine inspection done today. I also found some photos posted from the 2005 Miami boat show, kinda cool knowing it was featured at such a big boat show.
I sure do like mine a lot. The boat is a very good design with lots of space, and does many things well. And best of all--its fast!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Revelocity
I know it's very early history.
It was a Miami Boat Show display model featuring custom paint by Kris Kruz. Kris Kruz painted most of the show boats at that time. It was featured in the Velocity brochure. The boat was sold to a new, first time boat dealer in the western US. I believe this was the dealer's one and only purchase from Velocity. I believe the dealer had it inventory for some time. I'm not sure where it went after the dealer or how well it's been kept up over the years.
Is that the one they had there with the weird swim deck extension? Might of been a different year not sure but I remember one with some very strange add-on on the transom.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

No different boat - it was on a red and white VR1 if I recall correctly. That was a bolt-on, one-off design intended to fold into the water to protect swimmers from the prop as they boarded the transom. I'm pretty sure that was the only boat fit with with one those. Since it completely covered up the swim platform when not deployed, I felt it would have made it more difficult to dock and tie up the stern lines when backing into a slip.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Revelocity
No different boat - it was on a red and white VR1 if I recall correctly. That was a bolt-on, one-off design intended to fold into the water to protect swimmers from the prop as they boarded the transom. I'm pretty sure that was the only boat fit with with one those. Since it completely covered up the swim platform when not deployed, I felt it would have made it more difficult to dock and tie up the stern lines when backing into a slip.
This one?--It is on the Velocity website in the Patents section...
Attached Images   
Old 01-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MikeX3nDB
I thought I remembered seeing it in a performance test...

Hot Boat June 2005 ran it to 69.4mph in rough water. So it was in Miami and a Boat Mag test!