Shogren and Fountain Part Ways >

Shogren and Fountain Part Ways

Notices

Shogren and Fountain Part Ways

Old 01-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
So 2 big dealerships are no longer selling Fountains not good?
Really surprising seeing as they just announced an end to all "direct from the factory" sales.

Must be wanting to start their own dealer network or really $hitty pricing/terms to the dealers. Either way I agree Shogren's got a good handle on this biz and if he's out there's a reason.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
The existing hull designs that Fountain now owns were Reggie's/Fountains designs but cannot belong to him now. He woud a new hull design which I guess could still have a beak but why ? Why copy someone else ?

ed
What I'm trying to say is Fountain Powerboats must own the complete design including the laminate schedule, coreing, stringer layout etc. The beak is a small part of that design. So again I'm thinking a new design is needed if he were to build new hulls again and that requires a significant chunk of start up money.
I could see him running a race team with existing hulls using someone elses money. Don't see him involved in a LipShip type shop either, deep down he's a gearhead not a blingmaster.

Maybe he'll get more involved in real estate and forget boat building.

ed
Old 01-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
I LOVE Charlene! Great people at Raymonds!
I love Charlene, too!! She's like my grandma!!

It's sad to see that Shogren and Raymond's won't be working with Fountain anymore considering the relationship they have both built in the past.

Tristan
Old 01-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
After working in the Fountain booths at all the major boat shows for 21 years I was informed that there was no room for me. I have a new location which I will announce ASAP and will be available for instant high performance boat insurance quotes at the MIAMI show.
I already heard.............THE MENS ROOM
Old 01-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default no !

I prefer the room on the otherside of the wall with hidden cameras.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:56 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
What I'm trying to say is Fountain Powerboats must own the complete design including the laminate schedule, coreing, stringer layout etc. The beak is a small part of that design. So again I'm thinking a new design is needed if he were to build new hulls again and that requires a significant chunk of start up money.
I could see him running a race team with existing hulls using someone elses money. Don't see him involved in a LipShip type shop either, deep down he's a gearhead not a blingmaster.

Maybe he'll get more involved in real estate and forget boat building.

ed
Somethings cooking. Dont worry
Old 01-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

they have a add looking for used fountain's to buy whole sale saying that he is also a dealer ?

Last edited by mikebrls; 01-19-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Fountain;And the people who now own the business are no different than when Wellcraft and Scarab dominated the business for twenty plus years.They pushed out volume at first and then when the prices of boats started to skyrocket they chose to make custom boats to the people who could afford them. For a number of reasons Scarab fell by the way side and then the economy got them and that was the last straw in 2002
I dont see things changing much now.Shogren probably figured he could not turn a big enough profit and decided not to carry a really big floor plan that might eat him up....OR Reggie has a some new financing and may be coming out with a new line of boats....... Either way it always sad to see things end on a sour note....If we keep losing boat companies
there will be very little left of this sport .....Maybe if prices start to come down it will benefit everyone in the sport and the industry.

Jim
Old 01-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Really surprising seeing as they just announced an end to all "direct from the factory" sales.

Must be wanting to start their own dealer network or really $hitty pricing/terms to the dealers. Either way I agree Shogren's got a good handle on this biz and if he's out there's a reason.
AGREED!!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:51 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing is for sure.. If anyone other than Reggie can make this work, It's Nick. He's a warrior. One of my mentors. Old school all the way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.