Shogren and Fountain Part Ways

Old 01-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fountain Powersports 43
Old 01-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Registered

Buy back Fountain at pennies on the dollar when it goes belly up.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
I LOVE Charlene! Great people at Raymonds!
She is a sweetheart.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Didn't Fountain buy Executioner and then added the beak to them to make them his "own"? My understanding was it was influenced by the Carolina style sport-fishers with their flared bows and pointed pulpits. It also created some bow lift.
Wasn't the Executioner the original Fountain, designed and built by Fountain and resurrected several years ago? Also many boats have "beaks" they are just unusual on performance boats. If Reggie Fountain Sr. does build a new boat I see no reason it couldn't have a beak. Personally I don't think a new boat company is in the near future for Reggie Fountain and sons. There just isn't room for another custom high end go-fast. He may be up to something but my bet is that it does not involve large boats . Remember that Pier 57 dropped Fountain, Donzi and others to concentrate on MTI and Cigarette not too long ago but before the Fountain Bankruptcy and before Donzi was sold. Just some observations. We'll see what the future brings.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Registered

Wish these guys luck, but I think Fountains dead ...... Could bring it back as a retro in a couple years, might work .....
Old 01-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A man starts a boat building company, builds it up, makes it successful, sells the company, starts a new boat building company, builds it up makes it successful, sells it, starts another new boat building company...
Sound familiar?
Old 01-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordo
A man starts a boat building company, builds it up, makes it successful, sells the company, starts a new boat building company, builds it up makes it successful, sells it, starts another new boat building company...
Sound familiar?
Exactly!! Except Reggie didn't do that. He stuck with his original company long after Fountain Powerboats lost their mystique. The 42' Fountain was my absolute dream boat.......many years ago! I think it is too late and the timing not good for Reggie to start a new boat company. It does seem clear that he isn't looking to retire and there are other boating related options. Soooo
Old 01-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordo
Sound familiar?
Hey Gordo!

Your comments definitely mirror what Don was able to do with his companies, but not anyone else that immediately comes to mind, certainly not Reggie other than on the race course.

Don sold his companies when he was ready to, on his terms, & usually for a profit or advantage to him in some way. He also did it multiple times, where Reggie started one company that did have success, but unfortunately lost that success, & ultimately lost him as a result of it's decline.

Hopefully Reggie will be able to start something fresh soon, & have the success that you mentioned above.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:34 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
I prefer the room on the otherside of the wall with hidden cameras.
Yeah you would you old perv!
Old 01-22-2011, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is all very interesting.

1) What is Fountain Powerboats without Reggie? It is like if Enzo Ferrari would be kicked out of Ferrari long before his death.....

2) What will the "new" Fountain/Baja/ProLine/Donzi guys do? Fountains boats are out dated although very good boats. They MUST understand that it is not possible to sell Fountain anymore for what it cost to make them.

3) Dealers are out one by one.. Why are they dragging their feets? I feel there is something we should get to know about the new guys.

4) What will the new Fountain guys be doing to the existing model range? Will they know how to build strong lamination? Will they get new people to rig the boats so they stay toghether? Will they make a more precition build boat? The fountains of 2001 were way better bulid than the 2006-2009. Not sure about the 2010 though.

I can't understand that someone is going to manage to get Fountains up to volumes again when not making NEW better products and the dealers jump off the carusell one by one.

An explanation please. Maby Scott Shogren knows the answer. He just quit selling new Fountains...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.