Shogren and Fountain Part Ways

Notices

Shogren and Fountain Part Ways

Old 01-19-2011, 10:32 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Either way the boys at Liberty have to be shocked at losing their biggest dealer!

Must have killed the projections especially if they assumed he was going to carry Fountain, Donzi and Baja!
Read on another forum where Fountain's oldest dealer, and also one of their largest in the past, will not be carrying the Fountain line at LOTO in the future.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Registered

Reggie is not the kind of guy without a "plan B". I'd be willing to bet that when he walked out the gate for the last time he knew just what he was going to do and was on his way to the next chapter.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
If Reggie Fountain were to build a new boat would he splash the beak hull or start over with a totally new hull ?
I'm guessing he no longer owns the beak hull design so a new hull exactly the same but beakless would be the plan.

ed

Then it would just be another boat.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:38 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

If Reggie Fountain were to build a new boat would he splash the beak hull or start over with a totally new hull ?
I'm guessing he no longer owns the beak hull design so a new hull exactly the same but beakless would be the plan.

ed
Interesting point..... Is the beak somehow trademarked, patented, or referred to as some kind of "brand" or corporate intellectual property? I wonder if there is anything about it that can be "owned" or protected?
Old 01-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Read on another forum where Fountain's oldest dealer, and also one of their largest in the past, will not be carrying the Fountain line at LOTO in the future.
I'm surprised Charlene keeps the doors open at all given the current state of the boating industry. It's not like she has to sell boats.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 731 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Then it would just be another boat.
Originally Posted by T2x
Interesting point..... Is the beak somehow trademarked, patented, or referred to as some kind of "brand" or corporate intellectual property? I wonder if there is anything about it that can be "owned" or protected?
The existing hull designs that Fountain now owns were Reggie's/Fountains designs but cannot belong to him now. He woud a new hull design which I guess could still have a beak but why ? Why copy someone else ?

ed
Old 01-19-2011, 03:41 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Interesting point..... Ios the beak somehow trademarked, patented, or referred to as some kind of "brand" or corporate intellectual property? I wonder if there is anything about it that can be "owned" or protected?
I could see liberty making a case for all the above. Don't know if it will stick but they could drag it out for several years in court....
Old 01-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Registered

The existing hull designs that Fountain now owns were Reggie's/Fountains designs but cannot belong to him now. He woud a new hull design which I guess could still have a beak but why ? Why copy someone else ?

ed
i know i'd run out of fingers if i wanted to count all the copied Skaters out there....

Last edited by apache727; 01-19-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Didn't Fountain buy Executioner and then added the beak to them to make them his "own"? My understanding was it was influenced by the Carolina style sport-fishers with their flared bows and pointed pulpits. It also created some bow lift.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I'm surprised Charlene keeps the doors open at all given the current state of the boating industry. It's not like she has to sell boats.
I LOVE Charlene! Great people at Raymonds!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.