Like Tree0Likes

Jesel 1.70 Ratio BIG Chief rockers

Reply
Old 01-19-2011, 03:01 PM
  #1
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default Jesel 1.70 Ratio BIG Chief rockers

Lookin for 2 sets of Jesel 1.70 Ratio BIG Chief rockers
C8MA70
CWHB70
CAAS70

i'm thinking these rockers work there azz off and the Aluminum has to Fatique ,dont feel like just having new bearings pushed easier to replace em .. who's a suppler/warehouse ????
thnx
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:52 PM
  #2
Registered
 
SS930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: At the office.
My Boats: 1990 Donzi Sweet 16
Posts: 6,684
Default

Slightly OT, but have you had any issues with valves dropping with those Big Chief heads?
SS930 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:05 PM
  #3
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toms River, NJ
My Boats: WWW.SHOREMOTORSPORTS.COM 732-349-2999
Posts: 205
Default

here are few dealers in your area
book racing 815-464-7200
a-team speed 708-633-1320
midwest engine tech 815-464-9490
fx engines 708-479-0900
or call direct 732-901-1800
panicrev is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:14 PM
  #4
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS930 View Post
Slightly OT, but have you had any issues with valves dropping with those Big Chief heads?
nope !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just dont be cheap BIG Daddy and be sure to use the 1 piece Titanium valves like Mike D. does & not the friction welded ones ..

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 01-19-2011 at 04:18 PM.
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:48 PM
  #5
Registered
Trade Score: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Between A Womans Leggs in IL
My Boats: 77 donzi x18 92 formula 336 sr1
Posts: 6,321
Default Fixx

Im not knocking jessel's but have you considered switching to a TD rocker?? WE use both on the race cars and the TD's last twice as long as the jessel..jessel uses a sealed bearing which fatigues after hard use..The td's uses the engines oil which in return lasts a whole lot longer..If you dont have a whole lot of oil going to your top end than stick with the jessel's..

http://www.tdmach.com/

Last edited by FIXX; 01-19-2011 at 05:51 PM.
FIXX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:05 PM
  #6
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
Im not knocking jessel's but have you considered switching to a TD rocker?? WE use both on the race cars and the TD's last twice as long as the jessel..jessel uses a sealed bearing which fatigues after hard use..The td's uses the engines oil which in return lasts a whole lot longer..If you dont have a whole lot of oil going to your top end than stick with the jessel's..

http://www.tdmach.com/
have'nt heard alot about the TDs , waiting on a call back about Harlan Sharp 1.70s ... we do have oilers up top BIG Daddy
thnx
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:15 PM
  #7
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
HaxbySpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 1,181
Default

You're right about the fatigue. Aluminum has a finite cycle value before they go pop! Might be time to go steel. Bob Madara has gotten me great pricing on T&D stuff and he is an absolute guru on valvetrain stability. Give him a call 585-654-8583
HaxbySpeed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:05 PM
  #8
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed View Post
You're right about the fatigue. Aluminum has a finite cycle value before they go pop! Might be time to go steel. Bob Madara has gotten me great pricing on T&D stuff and he is an absolute guru on valvetrain stability. Give him a call 585-654-8583
thnx HAX i'm dialing him up right now ...
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:42 PM
  #9
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 74
Default

T and d are the best. Spend the extra you'll love them
mr buttonhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:03 PM
  #10
Registered
Trade Score: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bowling Green, Kentucky
My Boats: DCB F-32
Posts: 1,860
Default

New Steel T&D's seem to be the best. Upgrade to spring oiler in the rocker.
SkiDoc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.