Sterling HP1550s vs. Lycoming T-53 Turbines

Notices

Sterling HP1550s vs. Lycoming T-53 Turbines

Old 01-22-2011, 10:18 AM
JBS
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbines

just because you get charged for a "new" turbine or turbine part doesnt mean that you are getting anything new.Plenty of my "new" parts seemed to be neon yellow under the paint-thus all the problems I ran into.Demand proof-know what you are getting.There is no need to line someones pockets with cash to have turbine power.
PPS dynos,test,and flow test,builds ,and rebuilds everything for turbines.They can provide all documentation for what they do and are incredibly knowlegable,helpful,and honest.They also work on FAA turbines worldwide as well and provide parts and services to whispering,tm,and Im sure many other marine turbine workshops.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT
WTF he got me!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Long way from the original question, but a dam site more entertaining than the bears/pack game today:-))
Old 01-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
does anyone have an actual figure on how much a set of t53's thrown in by Turbine marine costs? not the boat, just the turbines and rigging?
TM is not the only name in the turbine game and thats why people are miss lead. if someone REALLY is thinking about turbines contact KNOT RIGHT. he can sell and install turbines at a great price. and turbines out last v8s =150 to 200hours ,turbines 2000 hours. the race boats run them at 110% but for pokerruns and regular use there set up to run 80 to 90%. so if someone wants them just talk to gerry he can help you out.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mr buttonhead
The 1550's are 110k each. The t53's are in the 150k range depending on who's they are
no there not 150, there about the same as 1550s .
Old 01-24-2011, 12:35 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
TM is not the only name in the turbine game and thats why people are miss lead. if someone REALLY is thinking about turbines contact KNOT RIGHT. he can sell and install turbines at a great price. and turbines out last v8s =150 to 200hours ,turbines 2000 hours. the race boats run them at 110% but for pokerruns and regular use there set up to run 80 to 90%. so if someone wants them just talk to gerry he can help you out.
Artie, you need to get a bit more accurate info before you type. A turbine in a boat will most likely not last anywhere near 2,000 hours without some work on it. It is impossible to tell how anyone is going to run an engine regardless of where and how they boat. Better than a BBC, yes for certain applications but for all, no.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:28 PM
JBS
Registered

Default Turbines

There are plenty of reputable marine turbine suppliers-do some research and don't take any promises.2000 hrs is a stretch-especially in a salt water environment and a rough water environment.most maintenance is fairly simple visual inspection and doesn't require a full disassemble of the turbines.2000 hrs could be achievable in calm freshwater environment and at about 80-90% which would still give you plenty of power with great reliability.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Registered

What is a realistic life expectancy for a turbine engine in a pleasure boat (50% salt and 50% fresh water)? Is 1,500 realistic, what is the approximate rebuild cost of a turbine at the 1,500 - 2,000 hour interval?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
Darrs not gunna answer your ? he's just stirrin the POT Cat !
Oh Darr ok that clears it up nicely thank you.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Registered

As an avid boater, but granted nowhere near a performance boater right now, I must say despite how this thread started out, I have gained some valuable information, and enjoyment from reading it. I spend most of my time just reading threads here and gaining knowledge and information most of the time, but one trend I see more and more of here, is those few, whos immediate response to any thread is to trash the poster, and start showing how much more intelligent, wealthy, macho, on and on and on with whatever adjective you want to pick they are than everyone else. It really detracts from OSO. That said, the majority of members here really seem to just love boating of all kinds, and try their best to be helpfull and share the great knowledge they have....
off my soapbox now...back to reading

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.