Notices

525 Power Steering Pump

Old 01-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 525 Power Steering Pump

Does anyone know if a Power Steering Pump, pulley, and bracket is the same as a 500efi? Or, what will fit?? Oh Yeah, Anyone have one laying around?

Thanks, Derek
Old 01-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I am not mistaken, the pumps are the same, hubs the same, pulleys and brackets different between the 500EFI and 525EFI. The 500EFI matches the 575SCI ones. I am guessing the closed cooling system and/or different heads on the 525EFI comprise the need for different brackets and offset on the pulley. Hope this helps, someone else chime in if I am incorrect. You can also reference part numbers from many websites like mercruiserparts.com for example.

If you want to save some cash you can go to an auto parts store and get a PS pump... I did a bunch of online looking/comparing and ended up getting one at Advance Auto parts for $54.99 without a core. Pn for it is SP16070 ...other parts stores have these just different numbers, but it crosses back to a mid 80's Cadillac car. This is how I crossed back to a 849906A28 Merc pump. It is NOT the old saganaw style pump.
GoodLuck
Old 01-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I tried the Advance AP route. Didn't work, so I purchased new.
Turned out PS pump wasn't the problem anyway so I have the old one up for grabs. Look at my list under the Swap posts.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...erc-parts.html

Last edited by PARADOX; 01-22-2011 at 10:43 PM.