Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The New Sportboat Magazine Is Out... >

The New Sportboat Magazine Is Out...

Notices

The New Sportboat Magazine Is Out...

Old 01-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up The New Sportboat Magazine Is Out...

Got mine at the grocery store today. Besides the usual cover picture of an unaffordable (for me) offshore boat, the mag covers many angles of performance boating. I especially liked the interviews with the various industry leaders. Only thing I really missed was a lack of boat performance tests--hopefully there will be some in the future. And use standard factory power packages for those test boats, please!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by suntimes
Got mine at the grocery store today. Besides the usual cover picture of an unaffordable (for me) offshore boat, the mag covers many angles of performance boating. I especially liked the interviews with the various industry leaders. Only thing I really missed was a lack of boat performance tests--hopefully there will be some in the future. And use standard factory power packages for those test boats, please!
Hello Suntimes
what is the name of the new magazine?

Thank you
jim
Old 01-21-2011, 06:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do they have a website?
Old 01-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,689 Likes on 1,206 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Do they have a website?
Hey Cat,

Try Googling Source-Interlink, the publisher of Sport Boat. I also wrote a piece on the new magazine, http://boatermouth.com//index.php?vi...ntent&Itemid=8. You may find something useful there.

Joe Rode, the magazine's publisher, has said he hopes it can evolve into a quarterly. However, it's a "feeler" magazine, which means that if people don't buy it the title could end up us a "one and done." Given Source-Interlink's newsstand clout—the company also publishers Motor Trend and Hot Rod—it shouldn't be hard to find.

Some talented people, including former Powerboat editors Brett Becky and Gregg Mansfield, put it together.

The more the merrier.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dammmagnum
Hello Suntimes
what is the name of the new magazine?

Thank you
jim
Here is what you are looking for
Attached Thumbnails The New Sportboat Magazine Is Out...-sportboat.jpg  
Old 01-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Hey Cat,

Try Googling Source-Interlink, the publisher of Sport Boat. I also wrote a piece on the new magazine, http://boatermouth.com//index.php?vi...ntent&Itemid=8. You may find something useful there.

Joe Rode, the magazine's publisher, has said he hopes it can evolve into a quarterly. However, it's a "feeler" magazine, which means that if people don't buy it the title could end up us a "one and done." Given Source-Interlink's newsstand clout—the company also publishers Motor Trend and Hot Rod—it shouldn't be hard to find.

Some talented people, including former Powerboat editors Brett Becky and Gregg Mansfield, put it together.

The more the merrier.
Thanks Matt I'll look for it at B&N tomorrow.

Brett Becky??
Old 01-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

trying to support the new magazine, cannot find it,do any major bookstores carry it? or a bookstore I can order thru.
we need another mag. so fresh insite, with motivated staff,
Old 01-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Hey Cat,

The more the merrier.

It's Brett Becker,LOL.

I got it last week and was a little dissappointed. I felt it was Power Boat. Didn't feel original and lacked "as noted above" realistic afordable boats.

It's a great opportunity for them to become a really good publication. There's very talented people assocciated with this, lets hope they do it.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

performance boat test??????

in the next two issues they could test the entire 2011 production run of a builder and not fill a magazine
Old 01-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by suntimes
Anyone know where to pick one up??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.