Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lots of cheap boats in the classifieds lately..... >

Lots of cheap boats in the classifieds lately.....

Notices

Lots of cheap boats in the classifieds lately.....

Old 01-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I will say that if gas goes that hi my boat will be on the trailer most of the season. I think it will effect more people then you think. At some point it stops being fun.
x2...no matter how much money I make, I cant substantiate $5/gal when I know its going into the pockets of greedy oil execs.

ill find other things to do...or ill just hit a nearby cove/hangout and sit on the boat for free.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

In Windsor, Ontario Canada we have been paying close to $5.00 gallon. I use Sunoco 94 Octane and it is $1.22 - $1.26 Liter right now, 4.5 liters to a gallon so we will be paying over $5.00 a gallon. Thanks god I have a single engine small block, which is great on fuel.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
good point and +1 on the less morons . . . . . I dont NEED a new car . . . .I dont NEED three square meals a day . . . I dont NEED health insurance . . . . I dont NEED electricity or gas at my house . . . . I DO . . . . how ever . . . need to go boating . . . . . . i mean, i have priorities

That 27 Cig with the #6 is bad azz! Seems like a good price for that thing as well. Love the theme . . . . .
x2
Old 01-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Makes me think moving to twin o/b was a good idea
Old 01-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Please feel free to PM me with info on where I can buy a TS TG at $80k. That goes for anyone else too...
2 T/S Cigs went last year, the 01 Lipship I posted above and the former Otis/Serious Offshore Gladiator both went in the 80's from National. The former OSO Gladiator was listed at 95K totally restored for a few months before it went, for the few thousand extra it was worth the premium.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
2 T/S Cigs went last year, the 01 Lipship I posted above and the former Otis/Serious Offshore Gladiator both went in the 80's from National. The former OSO Gladiator was listed at 95K totally restored for a few months before it went, for the few thousand extra it was worth the premium.
That 01 seems to have been fixed up some, but doubt they have anywhere near $40k in it! No pics posted of the interior, which makes me think it still has rips in it. I assume the motors are rebuilt by now....as 600 hrs on them or whatever had to scare people off at $100k.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
That 01 seems to have been fixed up some, but doubt they have anywhere near $40k in it! No pics posted of the interior, which makes me think it still has rips in it. I assume the motors are rebuilt by now....as 600 hrs on them or whatever had to scare people off at $100k.
I thought Fineline re-did the cockpit interior last year. That boat resided in North Palm Beach its whole life, lift kept and used by 3 partners (hence the high hours/poor shape). It went to National and someone in Miami bought it to flip. It is currently in Jupiter (2 towns north of North Palm) and it looks very cleaned up compared to what it used to look like but I haven't seen it up close.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I thought Fineline re-did the cockpit interior last year. That boat resided in North Palm Beach its whole life, lift kept and used by 3 partners (hence the high hours/poor shape). It went to National and someone in Miami bought it to flip. It is currently in Jupiter (2 towns north of North Palm) and it looks very cleaned up compared to what it used to look like but I haven't seen it up close.
It needed the interior redo bad.

I was the one trying to buy when the guys bought it after the counter to my offer (how you know the price they bought it for)

I still like the paint on that boat, and if redone done well would be a cool ride for the money.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by moses0324
x2...no matter how much money I make, I cant substantiate $5/gal when I know its going into the pockets of greedy oil execs.

ill find other things to do...or ill just hit a nearby cove/hangout and sit on the boat for free.
I did the same thing first time I paid $5.00/gal for fuel. Then some guy comes blazing thru our cove pulling three tubes with two teenage girls on each. Ends up one of our party knows the guy and he takes three more teenagers from our boat and drags them around the lake all afternoon with his crew. Several of us commented he must be super dad. That next week he was hit by a truck and killed while biking.

The rest of the summer I filled the boat with a smile, tip the gas dock girl well and dragged every kid that we could pile into the boat. The last weekend of the summer his daughters went tubing with our kids. All I could think about all summer was that weekend was the last thing those kids did with their dad.

So if you have a boat and can afford the fuel enjoy yourself and share the moment. Each day is a gift.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

I'll use the lawn mower's gas to take the race boat one time this summer if I have to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.