Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
RF Powerboats (Fountain moves on to new venture) >

RF Powerboats (Fountain moves on to new venture)

Notices

RF Powerboats (Fountain moves on to new venture)

Old 03-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baja555
which boat hull is fountain going to copy this time? maybe outerlimits 37 , stick a beak on it and a swim platform , call it a 42 and say wow look how fast my 42 is compared to your 42 w/ the same power..lol
Problem with that is, OL is not as fast as Fountain with the same power. If so where are all of the OL speed records.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger
Problem with that is, OL is not as fast as Fountain with the same power. If so where are all of the OL speed records.
Interesting. Post some numbers when you get a chance. Speed record for OL.........oh its coming.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Roger
See what you dont get is, compare the 37 OL to the 42 fountain with the same power.. Fountains 42 has about 37ft of bottom. minus the beak and swim platform.. so lets compare apples to apples.. 399 skater v w/1075's runs 130 + what does the 42 fountain run?
Old 03-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Registered

Post numbers????? There everywhere if you look. And by the way "wait till next year". "Its coming" Been hearing that for MANY years. I guess you never look into APBA or SBI records. Seems like the last time I looked, which was about 3 weeks ago, I did not see ANY records with Outerlimits name beside them. I think they are great boats, and I as for one would love to have one, but FACTS are FACTS.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Registered

Baha555. A 42 with 1075s over 140. All you have to do is look on youtube. I have raced against several OL's and NEVER has one with the same power been around at the first turn. Best OL race we ever had was against WILD CHILD and those guys ran the boat hard. They were the closest OL ever came to beating us, which they did once when we broke a drive in Key West.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Registered

compare wetted surface to wetted surface.. not total length
Old 03-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Registered

Also we were talking about OL's, not Skater's. I would agree that a Skater Vee is faster than an Outerlimits with the same power.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
No B.S .You won't be sleeping long.....
Old 03-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by monstaaa
No B.S .You won't be sleeping long.....

I suspect some here have been in deep sleep mode for the past several decades.

Everyone's hull is always faster than Reggie's but never seem to be able to show that on paper or on the water. I suspect the new ones will step the ante up a notch or two, they might be Real Fast powerboats.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roger

you won't be waiting too long, also even though we broke an oil pump in Key west this year on Sunday, you may not have noticed that the OL put 42 seconds on the field in the first lap, the dry sump pump let go after the start of lap 3, and by then we had over 1 minute on the field, including everyother boat out on the course. It doesn't mean a whole lot because we had a part failure and couldn't finish, but it should go to prove that the OL is no slouch.

I respect your loyalty, and not taking anything away from the fountain camp, but getting tired of the bashing. Hope Liberty gives you the same support that Mr. Fountain gave you, and wish you continued luck with the new guys keeping you happy.

As much fun as we all have sticking our chests out and saying mine is better than yours and so on, it was still good for the sport to have some competition. I commend Reggie for all his past accomplishments, and wish him luck in his future venture, but the OL / Fountain comparisons are over as far as I'm concerned.

Stay tuned... your opinion may change

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.