Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Special Thanks to Gordo!!! New Deranged... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24645-special-thanks-gordo-new-deranged.html)

Ben@SRP 05-17-2002 11:03 PM

Special Thanks to Gordo!!! New Deranged...

I just wanted to say what a great thing Mike Gordon aka, Gordo is doing for us. As some of you know, we at Team Deranged/Team Challenger Offhore sank our 2002 Challenger Offshore boat in Daytona and since George JR and myself chase points, Gordo has stepped up and offered his boat to us. So, I'm down in Marathon now with a new ride!!! Gordo and myself are racing Saturday, thanks to Mike. He has now reregistered his "One Vision Active Thunder, to P4-97 Deranged so we can continue to build points towards our 2nd high points championship.
To Mike, from myself, George JR. and Team Deranged, THANK YOU.

Ben Hedrick

Waterfoul 05-17-2002 11:21 PM

I would agree. Gordo is one hell of a guy!! Came to my "rescue" last year at LOTO on Mem. Day when my drive blew up. Took my whole crew for the rest of the weekend!! What a guy, not everyone would do that for someone they just met.

OSO rocks!!!!!!

And good luck. The One Vision is a heck of a boat. He wouldn't let me drive it though.:mad: LOL!!!

MnFastBoat 05-17-2002 11:23 PM

Now that is the great kind of news we like to hear about on OSO.
I have met Mike only once, last year at LOTO Shootout, and I have to admit he is one guy that will go out of his way to help people out. I had never talked with him proir to LOTO and by me posting my cell # prior to leaving for the shootout he called me and asked if everything was going ok. I was not familiar with the roads to the lake. Himself and KcHotBoat along with thier significant others at the time took time out of thier trip to stop and wait for me to to lead me into the lake. This was great. Someone I did not know going out of their way for such a thing.
Now this is not as great of reward as you are getting with the use of his boat. :)
None the less a testimony of how Gordo is such a great person.

Good luck and best of wishes for all of you at the races.
Maybe someday I can get to one and see all of you in person.

Whitey 05-18-2002 09:36 AM

Sorry to hear about your boat but, this way you get to find out who the good people are. I was wondering what happened to the Challenger ? I have a 33 so I have some special interest in this matter. Thanks Dwight

tanned fat looks better 05-18-2002 09:54 AM

Wait a minute..................is this the same Gordo that I work with??????????

Man does he have ya"ll snowed!!

tanned fat looks better 05-18-2002 10:02 AM

I'm just kidding:D :D :D

Gordo is a great guy..........and he will usually bend over backwards for any one, infact he's letting me use his garage while he is in Fla.

He just doesn't know it!!

Good work Gordo!!!

Bring home a couple of wins this weekend!!

FunHome 05-18-2002 11:53 AM

No kidding Brian! are they talking about the same guy we know? The guy with the terrible ASS GAS? All I can say is..... watch out if you ever do a road trip with him!!!
Take a Gas Mask!!
:eek:

Go like Hell Gordo!!! Show them how a guy from Kansas can Kick some Ass!! Good Luck Bro!

FunHome 05-18-2002 07:05 PM

I just heard from Gordo and they got second!!! I guess at first they were just going to cruise around and get the point's but then it was to good of a race!! They even led for a little while!!

Congrat's Guy's!!

:D

Red Stripe 05-19-2002 01:32 AM

Hey Ben@SRP,
What size Challenger Offshore were you guys running? What happened that made it sink?

Gordo,
Classy move man!! I love hearing storys like this one!!

H20 Cowgirl 05-19-2002 01:47 AM

I have to agree.

Gordo is a great guy. :)