Notices

Hello from AMF Offshore

Old 01-27-2011, 07:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome John M.

I hope that you continue what John Haggin and Team Geico have done for the sport and for their sponsor, Geico Insurance. Geico is one of the most recognized names in the World of Offshore Powerboat Racing.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
John, were you with the Geico gang at the Cocoa Beach Pier on Friday night during Nat'l Air Force week? Late Oct '10
Hello Downtown, no, but I will be there this year. I hear that's a great venue...

Originally Posted by Karaokemike
So I guess Stacey does not do the website anymore? I am the last one to know anything HA HA HA HA
Hi Mike, I recently took over Stacey's responsibilties. Stacey is a real professional and great at what she does. I hope to provide the same level of professionalism in the months to come.

Originally Posted by Catmando
Scotty and Marc are long-time members here. Scotty helped me get a job in the dry pits at the OSS WCs in Destin several years ago. I had a great time meeting all the racers who would come and eat, and I met Charlie McCarthy and Ken Warby as well.

We all hope that JBS and Aqua-Mania will bring good competition in the turbine class this year.
Hi Cat, Scotty and Marc are great people and would do anything for anyone and it's nice to hear how they helped you. We also hope that JBS and Aqua-Mania will make the OPA tour this year. It's essential for the offshore racing industry to have participation from every level in these events, kind of goes without saying. Good luck to everyone this year!!!

Originally Posted by ItsPeanut
Welcome and good luck this year. Will their be any sbi races in your schedule or just opa. Gotta start planning road trips
Hi Peanut, thank you very much, so far it looks like OPA, we will know more in the weeks to come.

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Welcome John M.

I hope that you continue what John Haggin and Team Geico have done for the sport and for their sponsor, Geico Insurance. Geico is one of the most recognized names in the World of Offshore Powerboat Racing.
Hello AB, agreed. It's an honor and priviledge to be apart of the Miss Geico Racing Team. Giving 110% to this organization is my #1 priority.

Have a great weekend everyone...

John M.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, welcome. Been following the team for years and want to wish all of them the best this coming year and hopefully more to come. Scotty, Marc, Mike Y to name a few have always been great to be around and made us all feel like we mattered.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Registered

Hey John M. Welcome to the OSO insanity! It is addicting .. BE VERY CAREFUL! LOL

Scotty B grew up in NJ, his family and cousins on my block in Lanoka Harbor. Now they've settled in Jupiter / Riviera Beach and I've got a place in Jupiter as well, small world. You've hooked up with a great crew ... GOOD LUCK!

Be sure to say hello to Scotty B. from Lanoka Harbor, NJ.
Regards,
Chris Ward
Old 01-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definetely welcome John!!

Tim, that is a GREAT shot!!!!

See you in Feb.!!

John
Maxed Out Motorsports
Old 01-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
We were browsing your site the other day and noticed some friends and acquaintances, so we decided to join the community and say hello.

John M.
AMF Offshore Racing
Miss Geico Racing.
Welcome!

Any chance you have some influence to get someone in Canada to broadcast some boat races??

We have NOTHING up hear anymore, we had the APBA, and on the odd occasion the great lakes racing, but all gone now.

Speed has 90% Nascar
Old 01-31-2011, 02:47 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 2Slow4me
Welcome!

Any chance you have some influence to get someone in Canada to broadcast some boat races??

We have NOTHING up hear anymore, we had the APBA, and on the odd occasion the great lakes racing, but all gone now.

Speed has 90% Nascar
OPA will be racing in Sarnia Canada this year. Smitty
Old 01-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hi John, you must be new to the Miss Geico crew. Please introduce yourself and let us know what you do for the team.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Slow4me
Welcome!

Speed has 90% Nascar

I feel your pain!

I don't know where you live but if you are close to Sarnia you will see one of the best Offshore Powerboat Races around. The race is held on the St. Clair River at the City of St. Clair, MI. The race can be seen from the Canadian side of the St. Clair River from the Town of Courtright but the best place is at the City of St. Clair, MI where the Wet & Dry Pit Areas are and where there are a lot of great little Shops and Restaurants and where you can mingle with the racers and have a fantastic time. This racing is one of the best and is Sanctioned by the OPA and is put on the the Blue Water Offshore Race Association (BWORA). I would suggest sending a letter to TSN and the Speed Channel and telling them, that you would like to see them Televise the OPA Races. You can also ask them if they could specifically televise the St. Clair River Race so that us in Canada could see them as there is no coverage at present in Canada. TSN & teh Speed Channel can contact the OPA, here are the web-sites and check them out yourselve, www.oparacing.org and www.stclairrace.com.

Andy
Old 02-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
I feel your pain!

I don't know where you live but if you are close to Sarnia you will see one of the best Offshore Powerboat Races around. The race is held on the St. Clair River at the City of St. Clair, MI. The race can be seen from the Canadian side of the St. Clair River from the Town of Courtright but the best place is at the City of St. Clair, MI where the Wet & Dry Pit Areas are and where there are a lot of great little Shops and Restaurants and where you can mingle with the racers and have a fantastic time. This racing is one of the best and is Sanctioned by the OPA and is put on the the Blue Water Offshore Race Association (BWORA). I would suggest sending a letter to TSN and the Speed Channel and telling them, that you would like to see them Televise the OPA Races. You can also ask them if they could specifically televise the St. Clair River Race so that us in Canada could see them as there is no coverage at present in Canada. TSN & teh Speed Channel can contact the OPA, here are the web-sites and check them out yourselve, www.oparacing.org and www.stclairrace.com.

Andy
Thanks Andy & Smitty,

And I'll send a note toe TSN. In the past I have contaced the head of APBA, but he said no luck with anything in Canada (they tried)

I was in the patrol boats for all the races in Toronto, fantastic time!

Sarnia sounds great, and worth the trip to get my "fix"