Notices

Canopy interior colr

Old 01-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts
Default Canopy interior colr

On a canopy boat, is white the best interior color, or would something darker be better? I am just talking about the portion around the glass. It just seems like a bright color (white) would have a tendancy to contrict your pupils, making it harder to see outside. I am sure that I am overthinking this, but what is the wisdom out there?
Old 01-27-2011, 01:25 PM
wot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flat black
Old 01-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Registered

Body color with maybe flat black around the windows would look trick. Be bright as hell with the green but would look the best IMO. Carry any graphics you're doing into the seats & dash and you've got one trick ride. Would be cool to see one done with tinted windows too, if it doesnt mess up the glass.

Race application I agree flat black is the way to go.

Hurry up and get bored with it so I can buy it from ya! LOL Did you ever post the renderings you sent me? Gonna be a good lookin' piece.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Body color with maybe flat black around the windows would look trick. Be bright as hell with the green but would look the best IMO. Carry any graphics you're doing into the seats & dash and you've got one trick ride. Would be cool to see one done with tinted windows too, if it doesnt mess up the glass.

Race application I agree flat black is the way to go.

Hurry up and get bored with it so I can buy it from ya! LOL Did you ever post the renderings you sent me? Gonna be a good lookin' piece.

I am holding off on the pics for right now. Hopefully in a few weeks I will have some real pics to take. It has been a bunch of work and expense, but it will be way cool when done. I had gone back and forth on the ribbon to either be vinyl or airbrushed. I talked to the airbrush guy yesterday and I think that I will go that way.

I am going to put about 3" of carbon fiber around all of the glass, plus cover the "scoops" behind the doors with carbon fiber.

The flat black around the windows makes perfect sense to me. I will probably hold of on the rest of the interior until next year.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by wot
Flat black

+1 . . . if you are looking to maximize visibility a matte black is the only way to go. I've been in all kinds of closed boats and the easiest to operate were dark satin finished. I guess it depends on your primary use to, i mean the full race thing isnt really that cool on something that will be a pleasure/poker runner. If its going to also be a show piece bling it up a bit.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 01-27-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Registered

Dave - you'd dig Tango's project. Tango, if I didn't already mention get in touch with glassdave on your project. He digs this sort of thing not to mention is THE guy to talk to for both batboats and graphics.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Registered

Dave - you'd dig Tango's project. Tango, if I didn't already mention get in touch with glassdave on your project. He digs this sort of thing not to mention is THE guy to talk to for both batboats and graphics.
I have and Dave has been a ton of help! I am also sure that he will be more help as I move forward.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Should be a lot like Deans Batboat when its done. That boat was fast.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-27-2011, 05:41 PM
LPG
Registered

Flat Black for sure at least around your windows. White seems to be distracting.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered

Looks like matte black it is. I thought that would be the case, I don't understand why it was never painted that way before. I will leave most of the interior white for now with the exception of taping off and painting the flat near the windows.

I will have to save the "bling" for next year. After buying a new 377 engine, motor mounts, Mercury Scorpion high rise manifold, fuel injection system, K-Planes, pumps for K-Planes, props, bravo outdrive (upper and lower), tube headers, CMI Headers and risers (before it was decided to use the tube headers), rear facing camera with monitor, trim rams, paint supplies, graphics, paint and graphics for tow vehicle, etc., etc., the bling will have to wait!

Maybe next winter will be more about the interior. Looks like GlassDave has a pretty cool dash upgrade that may "need" to happen.