Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed! >

Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed!

Notices

Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed!

Old 01-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ran to mailbox again. Still no powerboat. Picked up new superboat and performance boat today and was hoping for trifecta. No luck
Old 01-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Banned

Default Powerboat

I guess since I live on the wrong coast I won't get mine until next month some time. I going to pm Tank and have him read to me.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
I guess since I live on the wrong coast I won't get mine until next month some time. I going to pm Tank and have him read to me.

+1 Im with you on that on.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32
Hot Boat mag was pub by Larry Flynnt and there was real reides in there , not big doolar overpriced crap that only a few can afford !! Also tons of of Titties , go figure , they came free !!
Yeah I miss HB, great mag they featured lots of boats everybody could afford and Spaise was fond of writing long articles on the test boats which I was fond of reading.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 2,832 Likes on 951 Posts

A little lullaby when your tucked into bed...
Old 01-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 2,832 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by Haley'sComet
I never could figure out why Hot Boat went down the drain?
Drama!

Story goes - there was two brothers that ran it (including the hot boat website). When Larry flint publications was over owning it one of the brothers was going to buy it, he went in vacation just before putting in his offer and while he was gone, the other brother swooped in and bought it from under him - then fired him! The fired brother turned around and started performance boats and the majority of the members from the hot boat forum left the website for the newly formed performance boats website, hotboat turned into a ghost town (later more website drama followed and most members have left performance boats website for riverdaves...that's another story though). The brother that bought hotboat ran it into the ground (I think it was also coupled with the fact the magazine was already suffering - thus flint publications was selling originally) and it went belly up.

That's it in a nut shell.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Registered

Im going to call him from the toilet at 8 am. He'll be real happy since its the middle of the night out there!
Old 01-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,689 Likes on 1,206 Posts

If it makes any of you feel any better, I don't have mine either—and my issues get shipped to me directly from the printer.

Of course I know what's in it, but that's a whole lot different from holding and reading the finished product.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32
What is the new Mag out ? Sub to PB for years and stopped it a few years ago , just atarted up again and NOT EVEN CLOSE to what it was 10 years ago !!! Since the new owners took over a few years ago it is only good for toilet paper !!! To be honest I miss HOT boat! Why ? They showed real boats, not million dollar rigs that only a few could ever own . P.B is just a big adv book for big dollar companys pushing there overpriced hardware . Am I the only one who feel this way ?
Hey Bro, I feel the same way but Powerboat is getting better. Have you tried Performance Boats Magazine? They have an offshore and a lake version. Both offer great reading. I do get both versions as well as Powerboat. Just fyi.....
Old 01-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Registered

Smile

48 MTI "Windship" is the nicest one ive seen yet... Unreal!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.