Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed! >

Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed!

Notices

Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed!

Old 01-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley'sComet
I never could figure out why Hot Boat went down the drain?

Drama!

Story goes - there was two brothers that ran it (including the hot boat website). When Larry flint publications was over owning it one of the brothers was going to buy it, he went in vacation just before putting in his offer and while he was gone, the other brother swooped in and bought it from under him - then fired him! The fired brother turned around and started performance boats and the majority of the members from the hot boat forum left the website for the newly formed performance boats website, hotboat turned into a ghost town (later more website drama followed and most members have left performance boats website for riverdaves...that's another story though). The brother that bought hotboat ran it into the ground (I think it was also coupled with the fact the magazine was already suffering - thus flint publications was selling originally) and it went belly up.

That's it in a nut shell.__________________
The way I see it: http://www.powerboatmag.com/tank-sears-blog/
Too bad...

It's ALWAYS about money...
Old 02-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Registered

I got my first issue of Powerboat last week. Im glad I finally resubscribed. Nice cheap alternative to staring at a computer screen to look at boats.

BTW, nice little piece on Terry Sobo.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I don't want to beat a dead horse here and I like Powerboat magazine but I'm a little confused about the situation. Boating and MotorBoating magazines seem to still have plenty of advertisers and are going strong. Why is this downturn just affecting performance boat magazines? Could it be because Powerboat cannot guarantee sufficient distribution? If so, it will only get worse since they are charging $20 for a 6 issue sub. I don't have a problem with the content and the smaller size is mainly due to a lack of advertising. I just really do not see how this can end well for Powerboat magazine and that is sad. We need an issue every month at least during the summer. Get the issues out there and get the subscription count up with more issues and promotional rates and maybe the advertisers will come back?
Old 02-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Banned

Default Still no Powerboat to the South-Sportboat here though

The mail sure must run slowly to the south, as I still have not received my copy. I did, however find the new Sportboat and I found it very good. I liked the interviews with boating mover's and shaker's and thought the magazine was well written and worth the $6 bucks. Now do it over and over again every month.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:12 PM
RL
Registered

Not just the South where it's running slow. Still haven't received mine yet either.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Our copies arrived over one week ago....

The mag looks good. Things are improving in the marine industry, thus Powerboat is able to improve.

FYI- The best article begins on Page 64

Powerboat has always been great to its readers and advertisers. We at Deep Impact will stick with them.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 02-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Drama!

Story goes - there was two brothers that ran it (including the hot boat website). When Larry flint publications was over owning it one of the brothers was going to buy it, he went in vacation just before putting in his offer and while he was gone, the other brother swooped in and bought it from under him - then fired him! The fired brother turned around and started performance boats and the majority of the members from the hot boat forum left the website for the newly formed performance boats website, hotboat turned into a ghost town (later more website drama followed and most members have left performance boats website for riverdaves...that's another story though). The brother that bought hotboat ran it into the ground (I think it was also coupled with the fact the magazine was already suffering - thus flint publications was selling originally) and it went belly up.

That's it in a nut shell.
I THOUGHT IT WAS THE BAD BOOB JOBS
Old 02-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Banned

Default 27th of JanT

It's weird some people got theirs last month on the 27th and some have not seen the magazine yet. Postal workers of America give them up. I read about how good this month is and the anticipation is killing me.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still haven't got mine yet either. I saw it on the newstand 3 weeks ago. I won't be resubscribing. This has been going on for three years. I've gave it all the latitude I could with the down in the economy, but I've had enough.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No mag yet for me either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.