Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed! >

Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed!

Notices

Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed!

Old 01-27-2011, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts
Default Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed!

If you get a chance, pick up the latest issue of powerboat magazine. I’ll even go out on a limb and suggest that those of you that have been less than pleased with PBM as of late may be swayed away from your lack luster reviews after perusing the pages. I must say, I’m pretty objective (even with the fact I write a Blog for them). I do realized the last few issues have suffered at the hands of the poor economy, just as the whole industry has. However, I’m extremely pleased with this issue and I believe you all will be too.

A few key features include cover boat; John Woodruff’s magnificent 48 MTI “Windship” - powered by the new Merc 1350 turbos and M8 drives (also see my Blog http://www.powerboatmagazine.com/tank-sears-blog/ for further on this amazing machine), “5 minutes” with Nor-Techs Terry Sobo, review of Kevin Schultes massive Peterbuilt tow rig which he tows his Zul powered T/S Top Gun, David Wood’s (Pier 57) new extreme poker run support truck (Beautiful cover photo courtesy of Cigarette’s Chad Braver), review of 13 must-attend poker runs for 2011, articles regarding Reggie Fountains departure for Fountain Powerboats and the rebirth of AMF Offshore Rigging, and huge coverage of the battle in Key West (2011 world champions) as well as being chalked full of awesome photographs and much more!

If you’re looking for a little something to pass the winter blues, check out the new issue of PBM. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed - and yes, I know that’s a bold statement for some of you but I just think if you love this sport/passion/lifestyle, you’ll love this issue.

Some teaser pics of John's boat...
Attached Thumbnails Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed!-blog_tank_48mti_1350s.jpg   Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed!-blog_tank_48mti_gps.jpg   Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed!-blog_tank_48mti_overall.jpg  

Old 01-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up my copy today and this issue is awesome!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm confused how it seems to hit the stands before people who have subscriptions get them...
Old 01-27-2011, 08:42 PM
VIP Member

Hmmmm Subscriber for 25 plus years...don't have mine yet !!!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

That always frustrated me about subscriptions I had. They seem to hit newsstands first. i still dont have mine. Lookin forward to it though.
Thanx Tank
Old 01-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Registered

Hey...

I just looked at the cover of my issue and it is the February 2011 one.

On the cover is the Skater 30 they put the Ilmor Indy Drives in.

Sorry for the confusion, as I just grabbed it today (and haven't even had a chance to look thru it until now) when I was getting some stuff at West Marine.

I thought it was the latest issue!
Old 01-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
If you get a chance, pick up the latest issue of powerboat magazine. I’ll even go out on a limb and suggest that those of you that have been less than pleased with PBM as of late may be swayed away from your lack luster reviews after perusing the pages. I must say, I’m pretty objective (even with the fact I write a Blog for them). I do realized the last few issues have suffered at the hands of the poor economy, just as the whole industry has. However, I’m extremely pleased with this issue and I believe you all will be too.

A few key features include cover boat; John Woodruff’s magnificent 48 MTI “Windship” - powered by the new Merc 1350 turbos and M8 drives (also see my Blog http://www.powerboatmagazine.com/tank-sears-blog/ for further on this amazing machine), “5 minutes” with Nor-Techs Terry Sobo, review of Kevin Schultes massive Peterbuilt tow rig which he tows his Zul powered T/S Top Gun, David Wood’s (Pier 57) new extreme poker run support truck (Beautiful cover photo courtesy of Cigarette’s Chad Braver), review of 13 must-attend poker runs for 2011, articles regarding Reggie Fountains departure for Fountain Powerboats and the rebirth of AMF Offshore Rigging, and huge coverage of the battle in Key West (2011 world champions) as well as being chalked full of awesome photographs and much more!

If you’re looking for a little something to pass the winter blues, check out the new issue of PBM. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed - and yes, I know that’s a bold statement for some of you but I just think if you love this sport/passion/lifestyle, you’ll love this issue.

Some teaser pics of John's boat...
Good stuff tank!
Old 01-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So is this issue more than 25 pages?
Old 01-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which month is it? The one I bought has the Ilmor Skater on the cover and it's the feb. issue.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I can't wait. It used to be awesome when I received them every month. That was a long time ago. I understand that times are tough, but I never have any idea when I'm going to receive my copy. As a subscriber, I used to receive mine before it hit the newsstands, that's either no longer the deal, or the edition you're talking about I received so long ago that I don't even remember it. I have no knowledge of what months they print an issue. Sometimes I get one, sometimes I don't. It is always a nice surprise though when I do get one, since it's been so long in which I have received one. Either way, I just keep paying. I'm trying to do my part to help support the economy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.