You know what burns my ass? >

You know what burns my ass?

Notices

You know what burns my ass?

Old 01-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
A lot of sellers prefer to talk vs email. Saves alot of going back and forth and all answers can be addressed in minutes. Serious lookers will call. Prop kickers won't.

But a serious seller will make himself available. If not, then as GLH said "NEXT!"
I want to see adds with the price, power, hours on power, when and by who may of rebuilt it, same with drives, what kind of trailer if any, and as much more as they know about it. The way I look at it if you wont take the time to write it down you wont do the rest of your job either and I wont bother calling.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
I want to see adds with the price, power, hours on power, when and by who may of rebuilt it, same with drives, what kind of trailer if any, and as much more as they know about it. The way I look at it if you wont take the time to write it down you wont do the rest of your job either and I wont bother calling.
Agree,,,,,,,,, you would love this one, check out the nice pictures he has uploaded. I know when I list anything I always check to see how it looks, and sounds. This one is classic.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o37755-en.html
Old 01-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Now That Is A Great Idea

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Agree,,,,,,,,, you would love this one, check out the nice pictures he has uploaded. I know when I list anything I always check to see how it looks, and sounds. This one is classic.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o37755-en.html
I am no computer genius but what would it take for OSO to allow us to post video of a boat in the classsifieds section not just pictures but be able to listen to the boat being started up, run, video of the GPS, etc??
Just a thought besides posting a video in the video section and leaving the link on the classified page.

Last edited by fabin61; 01-29-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 01-30-2011, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by smoker62
When you send inquiries to listings in the classifieds with limitied or no response. I get a " call me " response and when I do call,I get no answer and no mail box set up. E-mail again with questions, same reply, " Call me." Why cant you answer my questions via e-mail ? You obviousy get those. I call constantly and get no answer . If you want to sell a boat shouldnt you work harder than the guy interested. I am not chasing a seller. Ok I feel better.
I've sold my boat & car to so many people...from "and oil rig for their wife as a gift" or "I'm in the army and buying it for my dad" what is your paypal..... whats your best price.....

Drives me nuts!!

And just for the fun of it, I replied with my price trippled and said the motor was cracked and blown and the transom was cracked.

the reply...

"sounds good, I'll take it, what is your paypal?"
Old 01-30-2011, 10:02 PM
Registered

Yeah, I have gotten that on Craigslist. They send an e-mail saying they would like to purchase my "wondeful item". I dont reply because they must be fishing for e-mail addys.

Originally Posted by 2Slow4me
I've sold my boat & car to so many people...from "and oil rig for their wife as a gift" or "I'm in the army and buying it for my dad" what is your paypal..... whats your best price.....

Drives me nuts!!

And just for the fun of it, I replied with my price trippled and said the motor was cracked and blown and the transom was cracked.

the reply...

"sounds good, I'll take it, what is your paypal?"
Old 01-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yahoo email address means(at least to me)your not a serious buyer.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered

Default Good Sellers

Should respond on the first phone call or within an hour max. With all the systems available today sellers should return all phone calls. Why have cell phones?
Old 01-31-2011, 12:23 PM
Registered

Call me I'll pick up 614-832-7986
Old 02-01-2011, 09:48 AM
jus roamn
Platinum Member

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
Why?
Old 02-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by northernoffshore

That may be taking it a little too far there.....?

I use a Yahoo address to do all of my internet purchases, & for getting info about things that require you to fill out a contact form. You never know when one of these sites is going to sell your personal info, so I don't want my personal email address getting on a recurring list.

However, I ALWAYS call when I'm interested in something like a boat, car, etc, & I always call people back that leave messages, so my Yahoo account wouldn't apply to the assumption above.

Nothing is more frustrating than someone sending an email, asking the SAME questions that are answered in the ad..... If someone can't even take the time to READ the damn ad, much less pick up the phone & call, then they aren't going to get much attention in return from me.

The bottom line, is that you have to show that you are interested to some degree, or you're not going to be taken anymore seriously than someone trying to look rich by posting an offer in a thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.