Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ft Myers Offshore (FMO), Jan Useppa Island run, photos >

Ft Myers Offshore (FMO), Jan Useppa Island run, photos

Notices

Ft Myers Offshore (FMO), Jan Useppa Island run, photos

Old 01-31-2011, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great shots, trally like the one in post 9 the last photo.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
nice shots frank awsome here is the video on the way home pretty cool we had a blast thanks frank
[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPua...yer_detailpage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m8459_6sy0
Sweet vids. Get the speedo in the back fixed or get a better shot of the dash in front, LOL.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
AppSysCon,

Great clarity on the pictures. Awesome camera. Jim's boat looks great and the color in the photo is awesome.

Nice job on the video's also. Look forward to coming over there sometime in the next month or so for weekend.
Maybe you can show me around?
DR,

Thanks. I have had the 7D and new lens about 6 weeks now, and I really love this setup. Each time I use it all day, I seem to learn something new about the camera, and it feels more and more comfortable.

Originally Posted by Eaton Photos
Frank,

Great Job!!!

Your Colors are popping off the page, your Composition looks great, and your Horizon's look perfect. Either you have one heck of an eye in camera, or you've done some correcting in post, with regard to those horizon's.

Regards,
James,

Thank you.

In the past, with my 8MB Nikon, I did some necessary cropping to correct the horizon, and adjust the framing. The view finder in the 7D is so big and bright, it seems so much easier to get the shot 'correct' in the camera. Right or wrong, I am somewhat a photo purest and I have not done any post processing/adjustments, at all. The only thing I did was digitally crop/zoom the 3 pics with an "a" at then end of the file name, to zoom in on the end of the dock, the reflection on the side of the boat, and the pic of Jay on Alec's boat. I did re-size all of the pictures down to a reasonable size, and apply some compression.

I still have a ton to learn, and in the future when I go to "L" series glass, then I might be getting close to hanging with you 'pros'.

Thanks again for the encouragement.

PS: I know shooting in RAW has lots of post production options, but for now, I am shooting in JPG only.