Notices

About ready to buy..

Old 01-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheer Insanity
I saw this on ebay and chatted with him a little bit but its an 03. Cant get loan??
Loans are out there - you have to look.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Loans are out there - you have to look.
Refferances appreciated?? I dont want to have several check my credit shopping for a good one. It will knock my score down a bit.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

yeah - my score dropped a bunch shopping Umbrella insurance.

I would go to a couple local credit unions/banks and talk to them in person. That way if they have age restrictions, etc... they can flush them out before they run your credit.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered

Smile

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
I provided him with options, updated older boats in his price range. He wants everything for nothing. Whatever, he'll be boatless for awhile. Gotta pay if you wanna play.
agreed.... good luck w/o a boat this year!
Old 01-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
You should be able to get a great boat for that much. I think you should start with a credit union for a loan. I have found Stacy at Wake Zone and Cy Goldberg both easy to deal with on insurance. Both can be found in the insurance section here. You might consider what drive you get on a boat as it will determine how dependable it is and how fast you can go. I had a 90+mph 23' Eliminator and wanted to go faster, so about 5 months, I bought a 28' foot Daytona with twin 496ho mags and Bravo drives. I love the boat and my plan was to make the boat go faster than the stock engines would push it. After really researching the whole re-power/hop up deal, I found the drives were the weak link and could not reliably handle the power and it was almost cheaper to just buy a new boat with stronger drives than change engines and drives. Moral is go slow and spend time reading here and other sites to find what you really want in a go fast boat. Read about all the problems people have with their drives when power is put to them. Maybe you can get a good deal on a boat with #6 drives if it is a little older. Just my opinion.
Thanks for the positive reply and good advice.
That is the reason I dont want charged motors. The 500 efi's are proven realiable engines with bravos or xr's behind them. I will be happy in the 70's for cruising. I dont run my boats hard much and should have to with that cruising speed.

Last edited by Sheer Insanity; 01-30-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
agreed.... good luck w/o a boat this year!
Ill make sure I post pics and the price for all the negitive feed back.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sheer Insanity
Ill make sure I post pics and the price for all the negitive feed back.
Just reality bro. Sounds like you have it all figured out.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by seafordguy
yeah - my score dropped a bunch shopping Umbrella insurance.

I would go to a couple local credit unions/banks and talk to them in person. That way if they have age restrictions, etc... they can flush them out before they run your credit.
You have to scour the local CU's and check their terms. Google is your friend here. If you are good at online research, have good credit and understand debt to income ratios and their other loan acceptance factors you can most definitely find financing on older boats (without every one of them running your credit). Probably you can end up with better terms than what you would get for a new boat at your bank..... It's work, but you want a great deal on a boat and this is an enabler.

That said, you won't have an 05 or newer w/ 525's in your range, unless it's a repo with a list of fixes needed. Go older and you'll find something.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I just went through this same process towards the end of '09. Purchased my first boat then and have been real happy.

My advise on finacing would be to get your credit score from one of the online places I actually signed up for 2 services freecreditreport.com as they are also the same score as your fico score, and I also used truecredit.com. The reason I used 2 is that they conpute scores differently and depending on the lender they may use service A vs. B and the number may vary. Once I had my score I called around and asked them straight up what the terms would be if my score X. This is really the only way to shop rates, you may also want to ask them what interest rates are for a particular score, if your score is close to the next tier you may try to move some debt around i.e. credit cards to ensure you get the lowest rate.

In the end I used a Credit Union and got the best rate. After doing this and talking to other local boaters I found that vitually everyone finaced there boat using a Credit Union as well. So I would check that route for sure.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Registered

[After doing this and talking to other local boaters I found that vitually everyone finaced there boat using a Credit Union as well.]

And there are still a few of us that save their money until they have enough and just write a check for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.