GTMM the future of boat companies >

GTMM the future of boat companies

Notices

GTMM the future of boat companies

Old 02-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the dragon.

I would look into producing a stand up boat, set down boats are great but most ppl want a stand up boat.. i would say 70% (guess) of all people will rule it out right their.. not many people left to sell to.. just my 02 ct.

Good luck with the new venture!
Old 02-07-2011, 08:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gtmm 39'

Originally Posted by damdonzi
I thought so too, but wasn't sure. The logo is all Magnum for sure. If so, is this the high performance subsidiary of Magnum Marine?
I spoke with Giovanni Theodoli this morning

Looks like they are going to specialize in High-performance, at least so I have heard. They also are going to focus on 27',38' with a 12' beam, full cabin , shower, flushing head and the 39' GTMM/Dragon for the high speed and performance lover....

The ex Dragon/GTMM has also received some modifications as far as function, running bottom , options, etc. She comes with a flushing head and small area to relax, sleep, watch a DVD, etc. And is now available in three options. Fully enclosed, Quarter canopy as on the original Dragon and a full open "euro" version with a wrap around windshield.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CIG3
Boatme

Last time I checked you have owned a Scarab and a Cigarette. Nothing like Brand Loyalty Huh????
I have owned two Scarabs A Black Thunder a Cigarette and a bunch of other boats

I would buy another Cig in a minute for running hard in the big water and loved my BT for overnight trips and the Scarabs are what really gave me the bite but they stopped produciing them

My loyalty is to an offshore boat that fits my needs and a person who i trust to buy one from

If i was in the market for a new boat i would see Terry Sobo first because I am loyal to a guy I trust Or Scott Shogren

Marketing one o one
do not alianate your potential customers by publicly demeaning them

I am sure you have owned more than just the Dragon in your past - whats yoru point ?
Old 02-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatme

Marketing one o one
do not alianate your potential customers by publicly demeaning them

Ditto. Reading the very first paragraph EVER by this company and already put off. VERY few boat companies "get it" when it comes to the marketing and other business aspects of running a boat company. Best of luck anyways as I do like companies pushing the tecnological aspects of their industry as well as seeing more US companies exporting.

Curious, is there even currently a performance boat market in Asia???? Europe, Brazil, etc sure but never heard anything about the Chinese doing much boating.

Estimated pricing on the 27? In yuan or BRL is fine, this brand loyal consumer is familiar with currency exchange
Old 02-07-2011, 01:55 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

AFAIK, the US customer was not the bread and butter for Magnum.

And a cut down 44 sounds sick... cant think of anything currently in the market like it.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by boatme
Great way to court customers in the USA by demeaning them
Keep your shirt on, I don't think he meant it like that.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Registered

I see what they are saying about brand name if yours is, Cigarette, Wellcraft, Sea Ray, and sad to say Bayliner, and a few others but to say Outerlimts, Nortech, Skater, MTI or any of the other top CUSTOM builders have brand name is not true.
I wish I had a dollar for every time I had to tell people what a Nortech was, in 08 I was talking to Ocean Performance in CT. about a trade and had to tell them a few times what I had, guy there said never heard of them and that it wont sell up there.
Who was OL when they first came out, the son of the guy who started Hustler, nobody knew if they were going to be good but they were and he built his name. The Dragons were/are great boats if you want a race boat, most of us dont, all of us know who builds the best boats made, most of the public doesn't but they arnt going to buy one either. If they build a great boat that is as nice as the other CUSTOMS with more than one model and work with the buyers to build it the way they want it their name will be spoken with all the other top builders.

There just wasnt enough of a market for the Dragon the way it was, maybe a OL guy will chime in but I bet they have sold more 42 Legacy's than all GTX boats. More people use a boat like that.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered

Scott, Contratulations!! Sounds fantastic! Can you send me your press release to [email protected] and we will put it up on our site along with some free listings for you.
Also, please send me your e-mail address. See you in Miami at the show!?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Are there any CAD drawings of the new models? Cant wait to see the boats, as I always liked the old Dragons
Old 02-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Who designed the 39' Dragon ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.