GTMM the future of boat companies >

GTMM the future of boat companies

Notices

GTMM the future of boat companies

Old 02-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTMM the future of boat companies

Well to let everyone know what is going on. I was Craig's partner at Dragon. We put everything into the Dragon. I was not going to let all that hard work die. Giovanni Theodoli of Magnum Marine had the vision to take it to the next level, he did. We are going to build a GTMM 27' same good dependable 27' Magnum hull new deck and cockpit- almost done. We will be building a GTMM 39' a new Dragon with many new changes to make her even more perfect. Then a GTMM 38' a cut down Magnum 44'. We are building them ALL in Sebring, FL. by Phil Mead who designed the Dragon originally and built the Coplands "Phenomenon". They will all be rigged by the best- Supreme Marine in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Troy Hannon. They will have the finest upholstery made by Jeffrey of Custom Marine Upholstery, also in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
So there you have it, no more rumors only the facts. So if anyone has any questions give us a call at 954.614.7076. We are targeting the Asian market, as well as Brasil. The US market is too brand loyal to know a great product.
Randy however knows a quality product when he sees one. He too has the vision that Giovanni has. He took a great boat and made it better, we are doing the same at GTMM
www.gtmm.com
Old 02-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I for one am glad to see the mighty Dragon breathing its fiery breath again. If I were you I would take hull #1 to every poker run I could. Put Merc 1075s in it. Pull it with a matching F650.

Offer every Merc motor from the 525 on up to the new 1350 and custom engines from Chief, Eickert, Ron Potter, Sterling etc. Go with high end automotive materials in the cockpit and cabin. Offer suspension seating too. You'll have some strong competition from the likes of Cigarette, Nor-Tech and Statement so you'll need to bring some style and heat.

I wouldn't give up on the US market so quickly. OSO has probably 90% of the performance boating public as members. Most of us are aware of the Dragon's successful racing career with Gino and the P1 boat ARCO. Do the poker runs and you will sell the boat.

Good luck and thanks for bringing the Dragon back!
Old 02-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Registered

Default Thanks

I really agree with you in everything you said. I am not giving up on the US market. The US likes to tote only brand names. This was one reason no one cared that the Dragon that was built with the most high tech. methods, and did not sell. No one cared about that, the public only buys Prada, Gucci ETC. So I want to keep the dream alive. We are making many changes to make the GTMM 39' much more user friendly boat. Many say they hate the canopy. Randy did also, after driving it said he wouldnt take it off for the world. We are going to offer GTMM 39 with the canopy, without, and the fully enclosed version.
Giovanni is ready to go the distance with all the name brands. It is what we will do now that will set us apart from the Coka Colas of the World.

Last edited by ssmith76; 02-05-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Best of luck to ya Scott! I think the Magnum connection will lend a lot of value and credibility to your venture.

Can't wait to see that 27!

Kurt
Old 02-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmith76
The US market is too brand loyal to know a great product.
www.gtmm.com
Great way to court customers in the USA by demeaning them
Old 02-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Great way to court customers in the USA by demeaning them
...It's the ugly truth!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Registered

Will the 27 be a stand up or sit down boat?
Can't wait to see it.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Registered

Default The Truth

I have been in this game for way too long. It is the truth. We would love to sell to the US clients. The High Performance client is a very different type of person. Thats all i am saying.
I was Offshore racing when races went 120 miles in ANY seas, any. I know the games all boat Manufacturers play. I am here to tell the truth and build a perfect boat.
I was not in charge of Customer Service and Service and Warranty for 15 years at Cigarette because I lied?
Old 02-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Best of Luck!

Look forward to seeing the 27 ft. and hopefully we will see one of your boats racing in the future.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Registered

I looked at 2 Dragons years ago when shopping and felt that the build was top shelf, and I like to have something not everybody has. The reasons I didn't buy, 1st. no rub rail, I dock and raft up a bunch so knew the boat would get trashed. 2nd. Cabin not plush enough, I want an enclosed head with real toilet that I can atleast sit in if not stand, I am 6'5" 220#'s. need gen and a/c. also. 3rd. No large padded sun pad. I didn't drive the boat but dont like the wrap around windsheild for the docking and rafting , I would like a big one to sit behinde but not on the sides. Make them go up and down like windows in a car would be nice. The OL GTX with 1/2 cabins fit my style better for a sit down boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.