Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Locked Threads?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/247078-locked-threads.html)

ElimiNordic 02-05-2011 06:41 PM

Locked Threads??

I come here for information and advice about a passion I love, but certainly don't know near as much as most here. But I got to tell you, I also come here to be entertained and I just stumbled across a thread that made me laugh out loud. It was about Mini Hawk and a check being sent to a charity and it had all the regulars going at it with even Baja and Dolla blasting each other. Then it was locked. Too sad, as it is winter and cold and this banter was just fun to read. Why do they lock this stuff? Who does it hurt?

Catastrophe 02-05-2011 06:46 PM

It hurts Minihawk.
And despite the fact that he's an azzpain , that aint cool.

ElimiNordic 02-05-2011 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by catastrophe (Post 3316906)
It hurts Minihawk.
And despite the fact that he's an azzpain , that aint cool.

How does it hurt him? You mean being banned? Or subjected to haranguing and jabs? Or just being allowed to play here? Please explain? Just curious.

Catastrophe 02-05-2011 06:57 PM

Getting bashed.
He's at least unstable and one of the threads that he started proved he couldnt take it. His language was disturbing.
OSO doesnt need the exposure .

LapseofReason 02-05-2011 07:04 PM

Some get locked to soon when it's just smack talking, others get locked when whats said could be libel and used to sue someone. I would bet most get locked from November-April, winter sucks and we get testy.

wrinkleface 02-06-2011 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by LapseofReason (Post 3316915)
Some get locked to soon when it's just smack talking, others get locked when whats said could be libel and used to sue someone. I would bet most get locked from November-April, winter sucks and we get testy.

Cabin fever SUX!!!!:bsflag:

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-06-2011 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic (Post 3316902)
I come here for information and advice about a passion I love, but certainly don't know near as much as most here. But I got to tell you, I also come here to be entertained and I just stumbled across a thread that made me laugh out loud. It was about Mini Hawk and a check being sent to a charity and it had all the regulars going at it with even Baja and Dolla blasting each other. Then it was locked. Too sad, as it is winter and cold and this banter was just fun to read. Why do they lock this stuff? Who does it hurt?

did you try sending a P.M. to the Mods and asking them for a full Blown explanation ???:lolhit: sounds like you have a HARD-ON for the Mods & OSO :evilb: if i recall you dont like the way they handle there Beware & Stolen forums and started a thread , or your just bored.. heres another idea can alwayz just write IB a check and buy the place and run it your way :kiss: my .02 gotta go mix a cocktail and get ready for Hos & superbowl :ernaehrung004:

cosmic12 02-06-2011 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic (Post 3316911)
How does it hurt him? You mean being banned? Or subjected to haranguing and jabs? Or just being allowed to play here? Please explain? Just curious.

If you have not had any history with him I can understand why you question the lock down, but there is very good reasons and it is best for him and anyone else involved.
Lets just say he is a pup trying to play with the big dogs.

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-06-2011 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 3317141)
If you have not had any history with him I can understand why you question the lock down, but there is very good reasons and it is best for him and anyone else involved.
Lets just say he is a pup trying to play with the big dogs.

very well said COSMIC and to put it lightly :drink:

Dave M 02-06-2011 09:52 AM

It might just be that OSO wants to attract advertisers and keep the ones they already have. The BS is bad for business.

Alot of people have come and gone from this site over the years. Many have gone because of the BS.