Ethanol Warnings Coming to Gas Pumps

Notices

Ethanol Warnings Coming to Gas Pumps

Old 02-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts
Default Ethanol Warnings Coming to Gas Pumps

Kind of a day late and a dollar short, so to speak, but at least it's something, http://boatermouth.com//index.php?vi...ntent&Itemid=8.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

As of right now this is a "by state" law since a lot of states are not required to run any certain percentage in all cities. I agree that it should be displayed. We only have one terminal left in 200 miles of here that we can pull NEAT fuel from. The bad part is even your local guys with service bays want the e15 or e10 blend because it saves them more money. NEAT fuel at the rack is flat out outrageous. I am opening a single pump at our main offices now that will sell NEAT fuel. I am expecting it to be 18-20 cents more than eth for us to break even. We are really curious to see what the market and govt is going to offer as an alternative for this decision they made. I expect the boating and 2 cycle market to figure something before the EPA and govt. Sorry for the rant but ethanol is a stint in my side everyday to. No one downstream wanted it.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt you reference that this is happening to fuel on land. Will the marinas still have the option of carrying fuel w/o E15 added to the blend.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
Matt you reference that this is happening to fuel on land. Will the marinas still have the option of carrying fuel w/o E15 added to the blend.
ONLY IF DEAR LEADER DEEMS IT SO
Old 02-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
Once refiners decide it is no longer needed NEAT fuel will become obsolete. From my knowledge of the market I would say we are already 70% neat free nationwide at refineries. Some independent refiner may pick it up but then finding a rack that wants to hold a tank for a product that they only sell 4000 gals a pop will be hard. Our racing fuel company is now blending neat fuel and selling it by the drum shipped. It's expensive but we had customers interested so we started shipping the stuff.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We are going to handle Non-Ethanol 93 gas at the Marina. We found 2 racks in Texas that still handle it. 1 in Tyler and 1 in Beaumont. Here is part of an email I received from the EPA on Marina's selling Non-Ethanol gas.

Dear Mr. Roper, Thank you for your email concerning the use of ethanol in gasoline. Just about all refiners are adding 10% ethanol to gasoline (E10) in order to meet the renewable-fuel requirements of the 2007 Energy Independence and Security Act. (E10 has been available in certain areas since 1978. E15 has been demonstrated to be suitable for certain 2001 and newer motor vehicles.) However, there is no prohibition on a refiner continuing to offer a grade of ethanol-free gasoline for marine use. Sincerely
Old 02-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Even Al Gore admits that the entire push for corn ethanol is a boondoggle, and that the only reason the legislation is in place is to gain favor with the farmers in the all-important Iowa caucuses. The entire world has to put up with higher food prices because a few presidential candidates feel the need to kowtow to a handful of farmers in Iowa.

It is sickening when you think about it.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Registered

Boatman are you all buying 91 or 93?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FuelinAround
Boatman are you all buying 91 or 93?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Matt so you are saying that the increase in Ethenol reduces the possibility of "phase seperation" Do you have any links on that? I would like to read more into it. As I understand it, other then maybe having to replace fuel lines and so on you will also have to jet to a larger size? Great so I will have to burn even more fuel....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.