Where did the "SBI Cheating" go?

Notices

Where did the "SBI Cheating" go?

Old 05-21-2002, 01:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Freeze Frame is known as being the premier Offshore photo and video outfit, and contains within its libraries most, if not all, of the best moments of Offshore Racing caught on film.

That being said, and knowing that Jeff is such a superbly nice guy -- judging from all the kind words spoken about him -- I would trust that he would have it in his heart to part with a few short seconds, a half minute maximum, of footage.

I see that he is an advertiser on OSO. Wouldn't it be nice to make the incident, which generated so much controversy and speculation available...Something to add to Offshoreonly's Exclusive Video library(with credits, of course)................
Old 05-21-2002, 03:09 PM
deepvcatss12

I was told by a reliable source the full footage before and after JPs crash (not just the crash) will air on OLN sat. so sit tight all will get to see it
LA

Old 05-21-2002, 03:13 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

NIT2WIN Believe it or not it becomes a big issue. Here is one example: Picture a Dorm room for a college. Some colleges have 5 separate rooms joined at one main room then the main room connects to the main hallway. Alot of people will hang out in the main room together to watch TV. It is illegal for them to have any pay channels in that main room because it becomes a public venue. Each individual can order any pay channel they want, but it would have to be in their private room. Sounds stupid, but think of the revenue a pay channel will get if they put it in 5 rooms vs 1 main room. I know this from experience because I installed the cable tv wiring in a college and had to set it up so that it could not be viewed from the main room. Damn! The offers I got from some of those girls to get me to give them HBO Unfortunately it wasn't worth doing jail time over. I had to keep it legit!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-21-2002, 04:57 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I just read the posted "SBI" manufacturers class rules...

2 questions,

1. Does that say that Imco "shorties" are allowed? If so, then there is some speed right there. I would also assume that there is no X deminsion height rule either.

2. With the exception of the above observation, doesn't those rules sound almost identical to the rules in the APBA rule book from 3 years ago?
Old 05-21-2002, 05:06 PM
NIT2WIN

I'm sure that if OSO wanted to show that footage they could. I can't imagine that John would want to face the bad publicity that would surely ensue if in fact he wanted to sue OSO and they weren't doing anything more than giving their loyal followers what they wanted with no profit in mind. On the other hand, I understand the fine line of diplomacy that Jeff and the others must face (sometimes daily) between SBI and the APBA in respecting their wishes and trying to make everyone happy. Is it fair to us? Hell no, but why should today be different than any other day? Additionally, if John wouldn't sell that footage of Campbells and J.P.'s screw up to E.T. (Entertainment Tonight) then I wouldn't hold high hopes in seeing it on OLN. I invite everyone to take a look at a new thread that I started titled SBI Ft. Myers Competitive Racing or Hollywood Magic? There are some interesting observations that I made which if correct (and they are) would mean that we racers may have to go take acting lessons and get a SAG card in order to qualify for a race.

Old 05-21-2002, 07:43 PM
snglestack

nit2win think you should get over being booted by cambel and get on with your life the same none racers on this board t2x davep mike merola etc. etc. etc. do all the moaning while the racers are out doing what they enjoy raceing chew on that thougt for a while

Old 05-21-2002, 08:04 PM
NIT2WIN

SNGLESTACK

While your opinion is always welcomed on this board always make sure that before making an idiotic comment, you have your information right. I was never booted by Campbell and as a matter of fact it was I that locked him out of the warehouse and the company. Not that I would expect you to know but there are more than enough people who do. Everybody's opinion is worthwhile and unless you care to share your professional racing experience with me and everyone else on this board then keep the derogatory comments about myself and other members to yourself.

Old 05-21-2002, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People like Singlestick need to hide behind bogus names because they have no experience but yet are an expert on everything
NOT!
Old 05-21-2002, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Goodfella That’s the Joke the ‘Rule Book” I guess you could cut a Gasket from the covers. Or prop up a table leg that is short with it!

Best Regards
Old 05-21-2002, 09:10 PM
GOT MERC?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I am sorry Steve but I cannot comment on that issue any longer.
Becaues of the harrasment my fellow employees got while racing in Fort Meyers. Once again my views on any topic being it abortion to drinking Pepsi or Coke are mine not of the company I work for or of any other employee. If people have issues with my views on certian topics then I wish they would talk to me directly about it without getting anyone else involved.

I never lie to any man, becaues I don't fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid.

John Gotti

Quick Reply: Where did the "SBI Cheating" go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.