Notices

WTF is up with F2?

Old 05-23-2002, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rico,
who is your friend in SClite that got passed by a gladiator because if that was F2 in SBI that was me and I can tell you my boat didn't run 100mph in Fort Myers or I would of smoked Roger and David. I will tell you that one 35 motion could not turn close to the F2's. Was it Larry in Lube Jobs or Zipps and by the way what Gladiator is at lake X because I just saw mine at Intense marine and Rodriquez Group SVlite at Cigarette and Lynch mobs at Cigarette not even finished being rigged. By the way their is only 3 Canopied Gladiators. How long does it take to get a 35 Motion up to 105 with #6 drives full of gas with a race that was shortened to 4 laps from 12 with 100% humidity and the straights shortened as well.. I bet you that boat never saw 100mph at Fort Myers in the rain because my best was 92mph on Gps.
Brett
F230
roger do you really think Reggie Jr was running 100 at the start of the race because if he was we are in trouble!!!!!
Old 05-23-2002, 11:30 AM
Registered

Yes, it was Larry. I've been trying to keep his name out of it. I'll call him in a bit to find out what Glad was at the Lake yesterday.

As I told Tread...he may be right about the GPS being off or maybe Larry took that damn flask with him again (just kidding!). He just said it didn't look beleivable. Gino is a new racer, so it doesn't surprise me that he had some problems in the turns, I'm sure he'll work that out. BTW...I don't believe Lube Jobs has #6s.

This got a little blown out of proportion after some other opinions came to light. Then the lap times showed up. If you look at them, you can't tell me they don't look funky. I haven't accused anyone of cheating, it has NO bearing on me. I'm concerned with my future purchase only (probably a 30' Motion).

Audacity...regarding fresh H2O...exactly my point.
Old 05-23-2002, 11:43 AM
Registered

OK...Now its time for me to eat some crow!

I had misunderstood when I talked to Larry yesterday. It was NOT an F2 boat at the Lake.

Larry was testing a brand new 36' Glad. pleasure boat with 575SCs, ITS drives and 5-blade Herrings. It ran right around 100 in fresh water with a crazy wind.

That is some SERIOUS $hit!! Hats off to Cig for getting something that big in pleasure trim to triple digits with not really alot of power.

...sorry for the misinformation.

Todd

PS...Larry is putting my "Flirt'" in the water right now for some testing!!! She'll be back home soon!! (Unless I can find the right cat before hand! I really don't want to make TWO trips from Dallas to N.Miami and back!)
Old 05-23-2002, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Bret, That is what Reggie told us, that he saw 100 at the end of the straight, but he could not turn the boat. They have been known to EXAGGERATE a little from time to time. You are right if he is seeing that kind of speed we all are in trouble. What happened to your boat? We did have a chance to talk after the race.
Old 05-23-2002, 12:55 PM
Boat Girl

Joe- You crack me up...

Rico- Thanks for taking me off the list...its nice to have spirited debates here and still be able to tip a few when we see each other in person...I have met so many great people from this board...too many to count...As far as the friends thing, I think you are meeting the wrong women...LOL

Old 05-23-2002, 01:04 PM
Registered

BG....you think i'm kidd'n!!!

i think i'll start selling drugs to pay for my racing habits....what ya got to loose....jail means 3 good meals i don't have to cook,,,weights to lift,,,good sleep and all the free sex you could want...sounds like i should have singed up before! damn!

Last edited by audacity; 05-23-2002 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-23-2002, 01:15 PM
Registered

"I think you are meeting the wrong women"...yeah but they are still women!!!...i told Dre' if she lost the penis things would work out.....and now just look at us!!!!
Old 05-23-2002, 02:03 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightbulb

Rico I wasn't saying you were full of it I was saying that guys saying the were going faster than 100 were full of ****. Anyone who has ever been to Lake X will tell you that the water there is magical boats are always faster there. I was saying that I talked to the guys in the top 2 STOCK boat and neither saw more than 95. Roger stated that these two took of at the start.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:08 PM
Registered

something in the air maybe...we didn't get jack there....i think people just pull #'s out of there .....when they are there....a few people had shattered the world speed records there,,,so they say
Old 05-23-2002, 02:46 PM
Registered

Actually, I think the Lake has a magnetic aura that screws with speedometers, GPS units and radar guns.