Notices

Make Offer!

Old 02-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look,, I havent bought or sold alot of boats in my life,, however im smart enought to know that NO FOOL pays full price for anything used,, however most ads say " no reasonable offered refused..." So just spend what its worth to you,, the worst the seller can say is NO.....

Nice happy meal pics RHR
Old 02-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Look,, I havent bought or sold ANY boats in my life,, however im not smart enought to know that NO FOOL pays full price for anything used,, however most ads say " no reasonable offered refused..." So just spend what its worth to you,, the worst the seller can say is NO.....

Nice happy meal pics RHR
I fixed your post for U!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Registered

Look,, I havent bought or sold alot of boats in my life
Correction. You probably haven't sold any boats in your life. By the way, when you say "life", how many years are we talking here? 12? 15 at most? Did you do these deals or did you watch daddy do them?
,, however im smart enought to know that NO FOOL pays full price for anything used,,
Wrong, again. Some of those "full priced" ads you see are steals as is. Just another one of your opinionated answers (based on zero experience might I add) you're trying to state as facts.
however most ads say " no reasonable offered refused..." So just spend what its worth to you,, the worst the seller can say is NO.....
Something tells me you read that somewhere......
Old 02-16-2011, 07:37 AM
Banned

Default Poker Run

Hi Poker,
This would be an example of the type of thread to read and enjoy but do not post unless you have personal experience to add. As a teenager, I used to hate when my grandfather gave me advice and told me how it was cause I thought I knew way more than an "old fart". He passed away without me realizing that he was actually ten times smarter than me in a subject called wisdom that I could have never known much about at a young age. I missed a chance to learn from him all he had to offer. Please don't make the same mistake. This people on this website probably have the largest collection of knowledge and wisdom about your future passion you could ever find. Don't make them mad or loose respect here. It is an asset to you if you want to be in performance boating one day .
Old 02-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Correction. You probably haven't sold any boats in your life. By the way, when you say "life", how many years are we talking here? 12? 15 at most? Did you do these deals or did you watch daddy do them?

Wrong, again. Some of those "full priced" ads you see are steals as is. Just another one of your opinionated answers (based on zero experience might I add) you're trying to state as facts.

Something tells me you read that somewhere......

Old 02-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Many ppl selling their used boat in todays market are desperate for money,, so get them as low as you can... Normally you'll just meet them somewhere in the middle....

Buyers market..!!!! especially if you have cash...

They also may be selling to take advantage of other deals and not out of desperation.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ptufaro
They also may be selling to take advantage of other deals and not out of desperation.
correct ran into that when I was buying...just let me know when you get desperate to move your MTI
Old 02-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Look at every comp available this usually gives you a good idea of what it is worth. Then make an offer based on what you are planning to do with the boat. If you just want a boat to use for a couple of years and unload understanding that you will loose some money, then look at comps that are a few years older. Nothing is in stone and different boats hold their value better than others, but this has helped me in the past.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

A boat, or anything for that matter is worth EXACTLY what the buyer is willing to give, and the seller is willing to take. As a seller, if you can make the value of the boat in the buyers eyes higher than the price you are asking, it can be a done deal. This includes giving it the best presentation possible.

To base an offer on the asking price is nuts. The seller may be asking $20,000 too much in your eyes, so offer them that. I have also run into cases where the seller underpriced what they were selling, based on the value that I put on it. If I would have followed some ridiculous "rule of thumb" I would have missed out on a great opportunity to own something that I really wanted. True value is never based on an asking price.

For credibility purposes, over the past 30 years I have bought boats, cars, houses, rentals, and companies amongst other things, and I have never felt like I have paid too much. I don't fall in love with stuff and will walk if the deal is not right for me and my needs.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
correct ran into that when I was buying...just let me know when you get desperate to move your MTI
Not there yet but I'm sure it wont be long

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.