Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Official Skaterfest Thank You's (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24764-official-skaterfest-thank-yous.html)

T2x 05-20-2002 12:02 PM

Official Skaterfest Thank You's

If any of you saw the movie "Betsy's Wedding" , you can appreciate the driving rain and wind storm we faced on Saturday morning. In spite of that an amazing number of attendees showed up for some indoor festivities, and I believe, they were rewarded for their effort.

Here is a partial list of Thank You's:

To George and Ilse Linder, lifelong friends, your expertise is, as always, beyond reproach.

To Peter Hledin, another long time friend, thanks for being a good sport and being part of one of the best panel discussions in offshore history...and thanks for making the best hulls in the world.

To Mike D'anniballe, thanks for taking part in the dyno session and revving up one of Keith Eichert's masterpieces.... and thanks for setting the bar so high with your Sterling Engine development program

To Pat Patel and Kristen Scibetta, thanks for taking part in the racer's forum and for hosting (and Limo'ing) many of our distinguished guests in your home Friday, Saturday and Sunday night....and thanks for being there day in and day out as we all negotiate Doug's "speed bump".

To Charlie Tesauro, thanks for being a good sport and filling in for Phillip during Saturday's racer forum.

To Dennis Cavanaugh, thanks for tirelessly answering the prop questions and for representing the longest running supporter in offshore performance boating, MERCURY MARINE.

To Dave P and the entire NJPPC crew, Thanks for all your support and effort, the event would not have happened without all your tireless efforts and ideas.

To Darren and Erik Luhrs, Thanks for creating a photo and video record of the festivities...and for welcoming all of the attendees.

To Sonny Croughn, Thanks for the trophies and for judging the graphics at the event.

To Phillip and Kim, thanks for all your efforts in organizing the attendee communications and Friday night get together..... and for being there during the tough times and the good....by the way ......about that "lunch" on Saturday........

To Bud and Gail, Thanks for letting us use "On the Prowl" for all those rides on Sunday.

To all the boat owners who braved the elements and showed up anyway, with toys in tow.....Thank you VERY VERY much....without Skaters (and an occasional Checkmate;) ) There would be no Skaterfest.

To the Bickers, Thanks for standing by in "Danger Zone" and for being a consistent class act...............

To Lightning Jack, thanks for allowing us to use your 50' SuperduperCat as a landmark for the spectators coming in...and your facilities for parking and hospitality.

To Smitty, Thanks for the use of your building for Saturday's buffet, and for the efforts of Kevin especially. Also congrats on the race win...we missed you.

To Joe Rudden and crew, Thanks for being nutty enough to come from Long Island by water with your 115 mph Skater "Stereo Cabinet".

To Danny, Harry, Dale, Stretch, Arianne, and the rest of the crew at Professional Marine for being "The Best of the best" in everything you do.

To the Holtz's from Bremerton, Wa. for traveling the farthest (officially) to get to Skaterfest....Sorry, Uncle Toys....and to all the others who came across many miles from places like San Diego, Las Vegas, Florida, South Carolina, Michigan, Wisconsin and etc to join us...in the rain.

To Mike Merola, for pitching in while we acid washed Smitty's floor.

To Marine Machine and Byng Goode for his "care package" of goodies and handouts.

To all the attendees who understood the challenge we had with mother nature and remained good natured and eager to help.

To Mike Fusco......MR JET SET...for lighting up the harbor with your afterburners then giving a thrilling 175 mph ride for some lucky key attendees....including Mr. Hledin.

To Ron P, for all his help in maintaining the Skaterfest website, and making the Skaterfest a positive force in the community

To Kurt Berger, Typhoon Marine, and the other local performance dealers for keeping a "High Road" attitude about our little event and understanding the spirit it's presented in.

To Sharkey, who braves the waters in "mini-me" and hosts another website that helped us so much.

To OSO, for providing the forum that created this event in the first place.

To Powerboat Magazine, for sending a photo reporter to cover our fledgling idea.

To Billy Frenz, for helping spread the word through his NPBA website and mailing list.

To Doug Franz, for lending us his awesome truck.

To Leanne, you're amazing and we love you.

To anybody , I may have forgotten....I apologise if I overlooked you and reserve the right to edit and add in the future.

To Doug Lewis, You're the reason this whole thing started
and your attitude through your "speed bump" is an inspiration to all of us.......It's all good, and together we're gonna go all the way.......... Thank you for being you...and for all your friendship and courage.

Finally, to those of you who have donated , and continue to donate, your time and money to Doug's battle with Multiple Myeloma........ You're backing a winner! Thank you VERY, VERY much.

T2x

Shane 05-20-2002 12:21 PM

Rich,

I saw the flyers about Doug and the purchasing of gas on June 1st and 2nd I believe. Since many of us both here on OSO and otherwise are spread around the country, maybe we can donate cash to his cause. I wasn't going to ask you at the event as I felt it an inappropriate time to do so. But I am sure many here would like to help a brother in his time of need. Is there a way we can do this?

Thanks to YOU for all your hard work and planning efforts in making Skaterfest such an informative and wonderful experience. The opportunity to speak with and learn fromteh BRIGHTEST and most forward thinking minds in the business was truly a ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity.

Shane

T2x 05-20-2002 12:28 PM

Thanks Shane:

We will be posting something about helping Doug shortly.........

T2x

Ron P 05-20-2002 12:49 PM

I'm working on the site now. Check out the Skaterfest section at www.darrensoffshorephotos.homestead.com.

cowisl 05-20-2002 01:12 PM

Thanks to all those who put on Skaterfest, including T2x. It was a great time !!!

T2x 05-20-2002 05:44 PM

ttt

Hauling Trash 05-20-2002 06:05 PM

anytime T2x.

Ron -nice job.:)

mike

Eric28 05-20-2002 07:06 PM

T2x Had a Great Time cant' wait till next year!!
Dave dinner was excellent you did a great job!
Love the t-shirts
:cool:

DaveP 05-20-2002 08:33 PM

Thank you to everyone who helped and or attended Skaterfest.

Skaterfest was something that you don't get too often in this great sport of ours.

A wealth of knowledge without a wealth of egos.

To be able to have the likes of George Linder, Peter Hledin, Mike D'annabelle, Pat Patel, Dennis Cavanaugh, Rich Luhrs and Doug Lewis under one roof at the same time was remarkable. The knowledge that these folks have equals 1000's of CD's. All of these folks attended Skaterfest with one thought in mind - to SHARE their knowledge for the benefit of the attendees.

The attendees were just as incedible - Skater owners, Spectre Owners, V Bottom owners, etc......... and not once did anyone say "mine is bigger better faster blah blah blah..." This was also fantastic! Everyone enjoyed and absorbed the knowledge that was flowing and now we are all more knowledgable for it.

Saturday morning we were dealt Lemons by mother nature - we took the lemons and made lemonade :D

Thank you Rich, Doug & Leeanne for letting me be a part of a spectacular event.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-20-2002 08:47 PM

Thanks in advance RonP I will keep the LINK up from my site to yours. SHANE I started a post here on OSO but if you want to see a letter put out by Pat Patel and Rich Luhrs click here; SKATERFEST Thanks for the email DaveP! It goes along way...