Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Official Miami Boat Show Photo Thread!!! >

Official Miami Boat Show Photo Thread!!!

Notices

Official Miami Boat Show Photo Thread!!!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
The only issue here is the price at around 54k each.
Quoted a retail of $70k each. I wish them a LOT of luck with that. They'll need it.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are some of the most accessed pictures, and a bit of info/commentary on each:

2011 Miami show pictures, 274 uploaded, click here

In 1961 the Russian military ordered the Tupolev Aircraft Company to design and build an amphibious craft small enough to be transported inside the Russian MK6 giant helicopter. It was to be used for the recovery of Russian cosmonauts downed in Siberia after completion of their space flights. The craft had to be capable of crossing lakes, swampy tundra, and hostile terrain. The craft needed to be capable of operating at temperatures well below freezing at speeds of above 100km/h. Aleksei Tupolev (1888-1972 was a Russian aircraft designer. He is considered the father of Soviet Aviation. His designs include the Tu-95 Bear which is a famous Russian bomber and the Tu-444 which is also known as the Russian concord. He built Tupolev into one of the most successful aviation companies in the world employing more that eleven thousand of Russia's finest engineers. In 1965 Tupolev first introduced his prototype we call the "N007" at the "Exhibition of Achievements of the National Economy of the USSR" located in Moscow. In 1999 "N007" was acquired in delapidated condition. A German metal craftsman restored the body by hand. The engine was overhauled in Bacau, Romania by the original factory. The restoration of the propeller and the interior of the craft was also necessary. After completion in 2004 the craft was shown at boat shows all over the country and featured in many TV newscasts and written publications. In 2005 "N007" received the "Corinthian Award" at the "Keels and Wheels "Concourse De Elegance" in Houston. In 2006 the craft not only received the "Corinthian Award" again but also the "Award of Excellence" in a prestigious show called "Concoursse De Elegance" in Greenwich, Ct. The exact number of these cosmonaut rescue crafts has always been kept a secret. "N007" is the only one known to exist in the country. It comes with its original owner's manual and tool kit. Enclosed in this manual you find the basic technical data such as: Engine MP14B, Turbocharged 360 HP and 350 liter fuel capacity for long range. Length 6,11 meters and Width 2,16 meters. Height of propeller 2,20 meters. Weight 2100 kg. Payload on water 300kg. This being one of the last models built, it was equipped with a leading edge differential for control system. It has a 500 psi air pressure system to start the engine and operates without the need of batteries in super cold temperatures.

I remember seeing this sell at Barrett-Jackson, for something like 175k-180k, a few years ago.

Could this be the future of facing?

NTX1M

Chief twin turbo 1350HP TC EFI

Hornet Marine, 17’ in Length, 19” Draft, 24 Degree Deep-Vee Hull
reminds me of the Donzi sweet 16 2+2

Concept was way ahead of the times, with the hi-perf styled CC years ago. This one look gorgeous

Old 02-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My galleries !!

The speedboats:
http://www.boatguideweb.com/galleries/10328/

The Yachts:
http://www.boatguideweb.com/galleries/10318/
Old 02-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

This Side Up,

Sweet shots, especially the yachts.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
NTX1M

Hmmmm.... Round-ear prop. That's exactly what I'm working on with my single-engine boat...
Old 02-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Hmmmm.... Round-ear prop. That's exactly what I'm working on with my single-engine boat...
Chuck,

I was waiting to see how long it would take someone to comment on all the round ear props, on big motors.

Interesting paradigm shift.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Here are some of the most accessed pictures, and a bit of info/commentary on each:

In 1961 the Russian military ordered the Tupolev Aircraft Company to design and build an amphibious craft small enough to be transported inside the Russian MK6 giant helicopter. It was to be used for the recovery of Russian cosmonauts downed in Siberia after completion of their space flights. The craft had to be capable of crossing lakes, swampy tundra, and hostile terrain. The craft needed to be capable of operating at temperatures well below freezing at speeds of above 100km/h. Aleksei Tupolev (1888-1972 was a Russian aircraft designer. He is considered the father of Soviet Aviation. His designs include the Tu-95 Bear which is a famous Russian bomber and the Tu-444 which is also known as the Russian concord. He built Tupolev into one of the most successful aviation companies in the world employing more that eleven thousand of Russia's finest engineers. In 1965 Tupolev first introduced his prototype we call the "N007" at the "Exhibition of Achievements of the National Economy of the USSR" located in Moscow. In 1999 "N007" was acquired in delapidated condition. A German metal craftsman restored the body by hand. The engine was overhauled in Bacau, Romania by the original factory. The restoration of the propeller and the interior of the craft was also necessary. After completion in 2004 the craft was shown at boat shows all over the country and featured in many TV newscasts and written publications. In 2005 "N007" received the "Corinthian Award" at the "Keels and Wheels "Concourse De Elegance" in Houston. In 2006 the craft not only received the "Corinthian Award" again but also the "Award of Excellence" in a prestigious show called "Concoursse De Elegance" in Greenwich, Ct. The exact number of these cosmonaut rescue crafts has always been kept a secret. "N007" is the only one known to exist in the country. It comes with its original owner's manual and tool kit. Enclosed in this manual you find the basic technical data such as: Engine MP14B, Turbocharged 360 HP and 350 liter fuel capacity for long range. Length 6,11 meters and Width 2,16 meters. Height of propeller 2,20 meters. Weight 2100 kg. Payload on water 300kg. This being one of the last models built, it was equipped with a leading edge differential for control system. It has a 500 psi air pressure system to start the engine and operates without the need of batteries in super cold temperatures.

I remember seeing this sell at Barrett-Jackson, for something like 175k-180k, a few years ago.

Could this be the future of facing?

NTX1M

Chief twin turbo 1350HP TC EFI

Hornet Marine, 17’ in Length, 19” Draft, 24 Degree Deep-Vee Hull
reminds me of the Donzi sweet 16 2+2

Concept was way ahead of the times, with the hi-perf styled CC years ago. This one look gorgeous

I liked that boat too, then I looked alot closer at the way it was put together.Not impressed. Now I know why they have so many disgruntled customers. They need to put more into the construction as opposed to the big money display. IMHO
Old 02-22-2011, 01:50 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Frank,

Did you by any chance get any pictures of the Rage Powerboats that were outside at the show?
Old 02-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Frank,

Did you by any chance get any pictures of the Rage Powerboats that were outside at the show?
I do not remember seeing Rage Powerboats in the "Boats by brand" list or the Exhibitor" list. I tried to get just about everywhere, but the show, is a big place.

I have posted all the pictures I have here

Do you know where they were? I remember where and when, I went to various areas at the show, so I may find them quickly, if I shot them.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:07 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Not sure! I saw picture on someones thread on here but can not seem to find it again. No big deal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.