Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Catamaran's with/without Center-Pods..... >

Catamaran's with/without Center-Pods.....

Notices

Catamaran's with/without Center-Pods.....

Old 02-26-2011, 07:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
You think you've seen centerpods. Check out the one on my 1997 27 Daytona. It was really like a Mod VP. It actually worked very well. It obviously leaned the inside on turns and would turn very well. When encountering parallel waves it would list side to side uncomfortably, but I guess no worse than a vee would. It probably was a decent design not for ultra high performance. It did really well in the rough, but it was a resin tub and very heavy. It ran over 100 with 454's with Tyler Crocket 177 top ends. And yes, the hatch blew off, but it was because I left the nut off the hatch bolt.
I never realized how much the bottom has changed over the years. That is a big step!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
You think you've seen centerpods. Check out the one on my 1997 27 Daytona. It was really like a Mod VP. It actually worked very well. It obviously leaned the inside on turns and would turn very well. When encountering parallel waves it would list side to side uncomfortably, but I guess no worse than a vee would. It probably was a decent design not for ultra high performance. It did really well in the rough, but it was a resin tub and very heavy. It ran over 100 with 454's with Tyler Crocket 177 top ends. And yes, the hatch blew off, but it was because I left the nut off the hatch bolt.
They all poke fun at we Eliminator folks, but after looking at every boat in Miami, nobody other than DCB has the attention to detail and rigging they have. And all the east coast guys can't or won't do gel coat and just paint the boat, which will never last as long or be as durable. And center pod or not, every square inch is finished unlike some of the most expensive super boats I saw at the show. It's kind of weird to not pay attention to finishing areas not seen.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
They all poke fun at we Eliminator folks, but after looking at every boat in Miami, nobody other than DCB has the attention to detail and rigging they have. And all the east coast guys can't or won't do gel coat and just paint the boat, which will never last as long or be as durable. And center pod or not, every square inch is finished unlike some of the most expensive super boats I saw at the show. It's kind of weird to not pay attention to finishing areas not seen.
Excellent point Dan... I agree and am a huge Eliminator supporter myself, since I live only 30mins from their shop and get down there often...!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Excellent point Dan... I agree and am a huge Eliminator supporter myself, since I live only 30mins from their shop and get down there often...!!!
Bet they lock the doors and turn the lights out when they see you coming..
Old 02-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
you are right Eliminator does excellent finish work on their boats...As does DCB..
Old 02-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja555
Bet they lock the doors and turn the lights out when they see you coming..
Actually just the opposite,, I know everyone down their,, my family has a 25 cat, and we are friends with Bob.....
Old 02-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

you are right Eliminator does excellent finish work on their boats...As does DCB..
Tell us something we dont know baja... Duh
Old 02-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Tell us something we dont know baja... Duh
I could say your an idot, but everyone already knows that too....
Old 02-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
I love Beavers!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Registered

I could say your an idot, but everyone already knows that too....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.