Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Baja outlaw vs sunsation aggressor >

Baja outlaw vs sunsation aggressor

Notices

Baja outlaw vs sunsation aggressor

Old 02-11-2002, 11:34 PM
NVRENOUGH

Post Baja outlaw vs sunsation aggressor

Ok after many days of mulling it over i have narrowed my choices to these two boats. i am just looking for input to put me over the top on either one. i like them both. so here go`s, which is better in rough water, faster, nicer interior ect..
thanks in advance for the input
jason

Old 02-12-2002, 12:14 AM
Boating Fool

From talking to a sunsation dealer, I believe that the sunsation is a little faster, but that maybe because their are narrower. In turn that gives you less cockpit space which in my book carries a lot of weight. I am personally a Baja person so I know which one I would say. What size are you looking for. We a nice 25 Outlaw for sale. Bought new last July. Has 40 hrs on the 502. Willing to really deal on it, get a pratically new boat at a used price. If you're interested, send me an email and I will send you pics and info.

Old 02-12-2002, 12:28 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts
Tough question. If you can get your hands on a "Wednesday" Baja, you may have something a bit better than an Agressor, simply because the 24 or 25 Outlaw is going to be bigger than the Agressor. However, I would buy an any day of the week Sunsation, without any worries about it, it is just a bit smaller length and beam wise. It depends on what you want. Do you want to build a motor for it? Do you want stock power? The Agressor will FLY with some serious HP in it, but the Outlaw will need finesse to get it up and going, from what I have seen and experienced.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:40 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two great boats but....just out of curiosity-did you consider an Active Thunder? If not, you should take a look before making up your mind. Pat and Steve will build you one any way you want it- talk to Gordo; he races one.
Old 02-12-2002, 01:17 AM
NVRENOUGH

I haven`t simply because I have no experience with them. i currently own a baja hammer and like it. i would like to move up. as for the sunsation, i have ridden on a 32 and loved it however that s is WAAYYYY out of my price range. so I was looking at the agressor. I am looking to keep the stock power for a while, the one i am looking at has 496 ho, and maybee add a whipple in a year or two.

Old 02-12-2002, 01:33 AM
Registered

Depends on what you are looking for in this boat. The sunsation is 23'7" without the swim platform and has a 85" beam and weighs 3500 lbs dry. The Outlaw is 25' without the swim platform and has a 98" beam and weighs 4750 lbs dry. There is more headroom in the cuddy of the outlaw as well.
Sunsation has a more efficient hull and will be faster than the outlaw with the same power. Fit and finish goes to Sunsation as well. You will get better factory support with Sunsation too.
You really need to go out in both boats and put them through the paces and deside what you want from this boat.

Good luck on your search!!
P.S. Check out the Active Thunder 25 too!!
Old 02-12-2002, 02:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In 94 I had a 24 Outlaw with a 502efi and my friend had a 25 Sunsation with the same power. The outlaw handled the rougher water better and it was a dryer ride because of the higher freeboard. At the dock the sunsation was more rocky if you had people moving around. The Sunsation would walk away from the Baja on smooth water but he always commented on how it felt loose at higher speeds where the Baja was solid and could have handled more power. I had the Baja for a few years and had no problems with the boat.
Cordell
Old 02-12-2002, 03:22 AM
Registered

I'd really look at the ACtive Thunder 25 or the Pantera 24. They are more directly comparable to the Sunsation. Sunsation is a small custom builder and so is both Active Thunder and Pantera. If you like the looks of the Baja and want to go with the fit and finish want a custom builder go check out AT or Pantera. Personally, I like the AT.

Anyway, you'll see that it really comes down to which you like best. The Sunsation will be smaller and faster than any of the above. The AT and Pantera will have more freeboard, more headroom and handle better in big water I suspect. But, it's up to you and they're all good boats.

P.S. I've got a 30 foot Baja and enjoy it.
Old 02-12-2002, 08:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Since you've already narrowed down your selection to those two boats, I'll stay on focus here.

Overlooking my obvious bias for a moment, I'll agree that both boats are great choices!!!

Sticking with facts only here, The biggest differences will be with handling: The Outlaw will deliver a better ride with it being longer, wider and heavier. The Sunsation will undoubtedly be faster HP for HP. The Outlaw will have better headroom in the cabin and most likely be more roomy in the cockpit.

Looking into other aspects, fit and finish, ammenities, option offerings, graphics, etc, etc...Look at both, you make the call on that one!!! Happy shopping, Good Luck!
Old 02-12-2002, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Here it is :
Sunsation for speed
Baja for rough water
Baja for more cabin room

Quick Reply: Baja outlaw vs sunsation aggressor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.