Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Miami vs. Other Boat shows? >

Miami vs. Other Boat shows?

Notices

Miami vs. Other Boat shows?

Old 02-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Miami is also truly an international boat show. People form all over the world appear to attend this show. I think we were the only English speaking people there Sat afternoon. The high performance sections are down from years past, but in many shows, they are gone totally. I have never been to a show anywhere else where it takes 2 or 3 days to see it all!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Detroit has a world class car show but our "boat show" is a joke! I suspect the reverse is true in Miami.

that about sums it up for Chicago as well. Plus, all those pics are only from 1 of 4 sites. They have the yacht show, in water show and strictly sail as well. the in water show they are giving demo rides on most boats all day long.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Payton
that about sums it up for Chicago as well. Plus, all those pics are only from 1 of 4 sites. They have the yacht show, in water show and strictly sail as well. the in water show they are giving demo rides on most boats all day long.
Most of the go-fast guys pulled out of the water this year, but there was a few. One of the worst things I saw out there was Bob Bulls old MTI boat with a bunch of guys trying to back into their slip after a demo ride. The wind was blowing hard and the motors were idling so high, the poor driver just could not back that monster in. I felt sorry for the driver. There was a ton of regular boats at the Marriot water display and yachts across the bay. I heard there was a sailing section, but avoided it. For me, no rooster tail, no fun.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
Most of the go-fast guys pulled out of the water this year, but there was a few. One of the worst things I saw out there was Bob Bulls old MTI boat with a bunch of guys trying to back into their slip after a demo ride. The wind was blowing hard and the motors were idling so high, the poor driver just could not back that monster in. I felt sorry for the driver. There was a ton of regular boats at the Marriot water display and yachts across the bay. I heard there was a sailing section, but avoided it. For me, no rooster tail, no fun.
That MTI did hit a piling with the port side......ouch! Nothing that the paint guys can't fix. I think that was a rudder boat that makes slow speed manuevering harder.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Registered

Detroit has a world class car show but our "boat show" is a joke! I suspect the reverse is true in Miami.
The Auto Show is good for leftovers.......displayed in Oct/Nov every year. Anything new has already been shown/ premiered all over the country!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 606 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
The Auto Show is good for leftovers.......displayed in Oct/Nov every year. Anything new has already been shown/ premiered all over the country!
That's just plain ignorant. There were dozens of models seen or announced at the 2011 NAIAS for the first time ever.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Registered

That's just plain ignorant. There were dozens of models seen or announced at the 2011 NAIAS for the first time ever.

3rd I think you misread my comment....the Miami show is good for leftovers......being that it is in Oct/Nov every year the new stuff like at NAIAS has already been shown all over the rest of the country for months before it gets displayed in Miami 10 months later.....
Old 02-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DirtyJerz
Damnit!!!! I knew I should have asked last week I would have caught a quick flight and headed down there this weekend........hell, its raining out in SoCal now!

Btw In the Pink, I am def. into that sort of thing lol Also I am from a few towns over from u in Jersey......and went to high school at Holy Cross
I see we speak the same language then. it was nice to just get out of the cold and ice. Enjoy So. Cal! Jersey sucked this winter.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Registered

yes it is..
Old 02-20-2011, 10:09 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All other shows are a joke compared to Lauderdale and miami. As far as the actual show goes, ftl is an easier show to get around but Miami is bigger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.