Notices

Wanted: Performance-Boat Upgrade and Restoration Projects

Old 02-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,666 Likes on 1,195 Posts
Default Wanted: Performance-Boat Upgrade and Restoration Projects

All,

Offshoreonly.com will be expanding its editorial presence significantly in the next few months and I am working with the site to develop and implement those initiatives. Among the new editorial offerings will be a section dedicated to covering performance-boat upgrade and restorations projects.

If you are planning an upgrade or restoration project, currently in the middle of one or have one completed that you documented—with pictures—along the way, I'd love to hear about it.

Please send me an email if you think you have something that might be of interest. The project doesn't necessarily have to be large scale. It could just be something that was simple yet effective.

Look forward to hearing from you. Best,

Matt Trulio
Old 02-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a friend who has gone pretty deep into an old 10Meter. I would love to see it in print. Don't see your email address as a non-paying member of the site. Please contact me at

[email protected]

Clark
Old 02-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Matt, I don't know if these fit the bill.

Watch out i am a hack and there long winded.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...me-skater.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ine-101-a.html
Old 02-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 606 Likes on 275 Posts

I did significant upgrades to my 2005 Donzi 22 Classic which I purchased new from Pier 57. The project started 3 years ago with an Imco shorty and labbed Bravo 1 prop. Then came the switch from the 496 to a 525 EFI which included strengthening of the hull. Then came the Bravo XR upper and full Zeiger steering and some small things like a sea strainer and SS raw water pump. The project is complete except for installation of the new wiring harness to get all of the gauges working. I also did a major mod up under the bow to open up that area for use without adding weight. Most of these projects were documented on Donzi.net with lots of pics. I would be glad to share my story if you are interested.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Registered

What about the Still Crazy Restoration.......great story behind the project.......

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...surrected.html
Old 02-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
All,

Offshoreonly.com will be expanding its editorial presence significantly in the next few months and I am working with the site to develop and implement those initiatives. Among the new editorial offerings will be a section dedicated to covering performance-boat upgrade and restorations projects.

If you are planning an upgrade or restoration project, currently in the middle of one or have one completed that you documented—with pictures—along the way, I'd love to hear about it.

Please send me an email if you think you have something that might be of interest. The project doesn't necessarily have to be large scale. It could just be something that was simple yet effective.

Look forward to hearing from you. Best,

Matt Trulio
In the next couple of months i'll be finishing up a two and half year complete restoration on a 1982 Flight Marine / Stalker Cat
Old 02-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,666 Likes on 1,195 Posts

These are great guys. I will be getting in touch with you one way or another in the next couple of weeks.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
These are great guys. I will be getting in touch with you one way or another in the next couple of weeks.
Shogren did a nice job on XXX/ 47 GTX.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Registered

I am doing a restoration this Spring on our 66 Donzi SkiSporter, We already use it and it runs/looks great...I just want it to look "better".
Old 02-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Registered

Matt,

have been involved in some neat restoration projects, a few donzi and the first cig 19 producedd which was returned back to original condition. Plus we have a few members actively involved in upgrades and resto's I can get you info and contacts if you like.

Matthew Veth
Lake George Donzi Classic Club

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.