OT: The FASTEST street-legal car in the world >

OT: The FASTEST street-legal car in the world

Notices

OT: The FASTEST street-legal car in the world

Old 05-19-2002, 03:53 PM
SunseekerNY

Cool OT: The FASTEST street-legal car in the world

As promised:

The Ultima will be on display in the Circle of Contemporary Supercars at the Concours d'Elegance in Greenwich, CT on June 1 and 2. You can see a photo of the car, finally, at
http://sunseekerusa.com/event-concours-2002.htm

I will be milling around between the car and the Sunseeker display taking photos. Please stop by and say hello!

Best regards and happy boating,
Jennifer

Old 05-19-2002, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will take one just put it on my credit card
Old 05-19-2002, 09:06 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

i'll take one also . . .an put it on velociy260's credit card too
Old 05-19-2002, 09:12 PM
SunseekerNY

E-me your Amex!

Old 05-19-2002, 10:54 PM
Registered

How many house's do I need on my paper route to get one?
Old 05-19-2002, 11:39 PM
Registered

I saw one of those at a little speed shop in North Chicago. Man are they beautiful . It was silver but it didn't have an engine yet. The craftmanship was outstanding.

Shane
Old 05-20-2002, 07:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fastest "street legal" car?
What's the top speed?

There was a guy that ran in a 90 mile road race in Nevada (Sliver State Classic) several years ago and was clocked at 220+ mph. He was driving a 1969 Camaro that averaged 197.99 mph over the course. Yes, it too was street legal. He drove it to and from the race.
Old 05-20-2002, 08:09 AM
SunseekerNY

Iggy:

You gotta ask Boat Girl for the detials on this one. I wasn't really listening to the conversation, but I do know that the official time trials are being held during the "Silver whatever race," instead of at Talledega.

When I found out that I had to wear a helmut in this car, I lost all interest. My vanity preceeds me.

Jennifer

PS: Where do you get all those great quotes? I look forward to all of them. Please keep it up!

Old 05-20-2002, 08:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A helmet at those speeds is a safety issue.
It's like riding a motorcycle without one.

Passed an accident this morning, south Orlando, where a guy was killed on a bike. Body hadn't been moved yet. Don't know if he had a helmet on or not.

The quotes? My boss sent me a list of them as a joke. I decided to use one a week and each Monday I change it.
Do a search for them or for one line jokes.
Old 05-20-2002, 02:29 PM
Coddigtion

I have been wanting to write about this one for a while...

I owned a LPE TT650 corvette; this thing was fast, so fast that it scared the hell out of me and about everyone that ever their rear end in it! LPE has done multiple tests with these cars where they obtain speeds in excess of 225 MPH. I would run mine up to where the HUD was blinking 00 more than once, this indicates over 200MPH and the car still had a TON of room left. To give you an example, a friend of mine had a F50 for a while, and the little poor boys corvette would pull it by 10-15 car lengths at the 1/4 mile track with the AC going! Also up around 125-150 this car would spin the rear tires when just bringing turbo pressure on! Once I was getting on an onramp here in Houston, with a friend. I was chatting on the cell phone, this was late at night, and getting up to speed, didn't even realize that I was doing 165MPH until Tom screamed at me to slow the fu(k down! These things are just mean, and violent!

This is in street trim, and CA street legal, motor trend has done more than one article of how these are the fastest street legal cars ever tested! They have tested all of the exotic cars, including the McLaren F1.

Now enter the new 427 version, this one is even more excessive, my old TT was wicked, but this one is even worse. Top speed should be around the 250 mark, this is with normal corvette aero package and creature comforts, you know CD Changer, FM/AM radio, A/C going etc.

I am curious, just how fast this car is? I have seen one around a few times, but have this feeling that they just don't compare with the LPE TT Corvettes.

Take a peak http://www.lingenfelter.com/ and a video here, http://store.lingenfelter.com/images/427TT9.2.mov

Flame away...

Quick Reply: OT: The FASTEST street-legal car in the world

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.