Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   BVI Stolen RIB URGENT!!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/247955-bvi-stolen-rib-urgent.html)

T2x 02-20-2011 10:41 AM

BVI Stolen RIB URGENT!!!!!!!!

TO EVERYONE IN THE BVI AND USVI - ONE BRAND NEW 22FT BLACK RIB WITH GREY CARPETED TUBES/115HP BLACK MERCURY/4 STROKE WAS STOLEN FROM ALONGSIDE 'CUAN LAW' LAST NIGHT AT THE CSY/PETER ISLAND FERY DOCK. PORT SIDE CONSOLE MARKED 'BLUE SPIRIT NL' T/T CUAN LAW. ANY SIGHTINGS PLEASE CALL 1 284 494 2490 OR 499 1857/8. THANK YOU.

Please spread the word around please.....the boat is owned by friends of mine...

T2x

Alpha Tango 02-20-2011 12:27 PM

I suggest contacting the daily charter companies out of St Thomas and offering a reward. These guys are out and about the BVI and USVI all day everyday . Nauti Nymph, Lion in The Sun are two. Another is Captain Nate 340-244-2497. Those guys would jump at a chance for a reward and cover the islands daily.
Good Luck !

PARADISE ISLAND 02-20-2011 12:34 PM

It's like scum targets boats??

sixmassive 02-20-2011 07:51 PM

that bad boy is long gone and stripped. VI thieves work quick.
My friend has his 250 etch stolen off the back of his boat on the trailer next to the fire station in coral bay a few years back. no one saw a thing.

Jupiter Sunsation 02-20-2011 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND (Post 3331457)
It's like scum targets boats??

yep..........the islands are really ghettos "with accents" :eek:

sixmassive 02-21-2011 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3331701)

not quite, im guessing you haven't been to the VI. if you have it mush have been st Thomas or st Croix. There are thieves there just as there are thieves everywhere.

Bobthebuilder 02-21-2011 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 3331381)
TO EVERYONE IN THE BVI AND USVI - ONE BRAND NEW 22FT BLACK RIB WITH GREY CARPETED TUBES/115HP BLACK MERCURY/4 STROKE WAS STOLEN FROM ALONGSIDE 'CUAN LAW' LAST NIGHT AT THE CSY/PETER ISLAND FERY DOCK. PORT SIDE CONSOLE MARKED 'BLUE SPIRIT NL' T/T CUAN LAW. ANY SIGHTINGS PLEASE CALL 1 284 494 2490 OR 499 1857/8. THANK YOU.

Please spread the word around please.....the boat is owned by friends of mine...

T2x

Rich. I will keep an eye out. I arrived at Saba Rock with Team PREDATOR last night and will be throughout the islands all this week. I will keep an eye out for it. Will let others with boats here know as well. We are running down to Peter Island for lunch today so will be watching.
Good luck,
Bob

Catastrophe 02-21-2011 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 3331856)
Rich. I will keep an eye out. I arrived at Saba Rock with Team PREDATOR last night and will be throughout the islands all this week. I will keep an eye out for it. Will let others with boats here know as well. We are running down to Peter Island for lunch today so will be watching.
Good luck,
Bob

Such dedication !!!!!! Thats Bob through and through.
Flys to BVI just to look for someone elses boat.:lolhit::lolhit:

T2x 02-21-2011 11:12 AM

The RIB has been found!!!!!!!

It is currently in the police impound at St Thomas..... Owners are awaiting details for release back to them. Apparently it is in good shape.

Thanks to all ...for your assistance and concern.

I will post details as I get them.

T2x

Bobthebuilder 02-21-2011 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 3332023)
The RIB has been found!!!!!!!

It is currently in the police impound at St Thomas..... Owners are awaiting details for release back to them. Apparently it is in good shape.

Thanks to all ...for your assistance and concern.

I will post details as I get them.

T2x

Glad to hear it was recovered and in good shape. Someone just wanted a nice ride to St Thomas instead of taking the ferry I guess. I left the keys in my boat last night before I knew about this. Hid them well tonight. :)

masi242 02-21-2011 05:45 PM

That`s not good news, hope you find but chances are slim.

Coral Bay is not exactally the slums, but I wouldn`t mind a drink at skinny leggs:drink:

turbo rr 02-23-2011 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3331701)

I doubt you have spent anytime in the Virgin Islands...I take offense to that statement.

PARADISE ISLAND 02-23-2011 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by turbo rr (Post 3334513)
I doubt you have spent anytime in the Virgin Islands...I take offense to that statement.

They said that about Aruba till that girl vanished!Pipe down!:bsflag:

sixmassive 02-23-2011 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND (Post 3334653)
They said that about Aruba till that girl vanished!Pipe down!:bsflag:

aruba and the VI are two completely different places. although there are hoods just as anywhere. i can take you through them if you would like.

PARADISE ISLAND 02-24-2011 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by sixmassive (Post 3334682)
aruba and the VI are two completely different places. although there are hoods just as anywhere. i can take you through them if you would like.

The last few horror stories I'll stay in the good old USA not an Island where they hate us:drink:

JIMKID Motorsports 02-24-2011 06:52 AM

good news rich glad it all worked out carry guns and dont ask qeistions sorry thats what its come to sad to say only the strong will survive

T2x 02-24-2011 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND (Post 3334747)
The last few horror stories I'll stay in the good old USA not an Island where they hate us:drink:

Have you ever been to the BVI's, or the USVI's????

I have never encountered any "hate" in either chain....(except from a few visiting Palestinians). They are some of the most beautiful islands on earth. Of course if you want "safety" stay at home in the South Bronx....or Compton.....where the Crips and Bloods really do hate us.

T2x

PARADISE ISLAND 02-24-2011 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 3334767)

I have never encountered any "hate" in either chain....(except from a few visiting Palestinians). They are some of the most beautiful islands on earth. Of course if you want "safety" stay at home in the South Bronx....or Compton.....where the Crips and Bloods really do hate us.

T2x

You forgort Bedford Sty??LOL!No never to either Island but quite a few back in the day always friendly not sure about today??Last time I was there Bush/Kuwait war I jumped on a plane real fast the Haitians were flipping out:eek: I was at freeport,Bahama not far enough!Hope they are not haters I'll get a passport and start vacationing there again!Be safe!

Bobthebuilder 02-24-2011 03:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 3334767)

T2x

Rich, you are absolutely right. The people here that I have met have been great. Everyone wants to help and I have never felt unsafe here. This is the absolute best boating in the world as far as I am concerned. Here is a pic taken from Peter Island where you will soon get some r & r. Enjoy.
Bob

PARADISE ISLAND 02-24-2011 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 3335200)
Rich, you are absolutely right. The people here that I have met have been great. Everyone wants to help and I have never felt unsafe here. This is the absolute best boating in the world as far as I am concerned. Here is a pic taken from Peter Island where you will soon get some r & r. Enjoy.
Bob

Thats a post card!:drink:LOL nice I'm glad to hear it's still nice!

Jeff P31 02-24-2011 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND (Post 3334747)

You stand a better chance at getting shot in the good old usa than you do on any island !!!! Will be in the BVI's on the 10th and can't wait. Going to try that other kind of boating for 9 days :drink: :drink:

sixmassive 02-24-2011 07:39 PM

there is a song my friend wrote about such an incident. Its called "Dont leave your dinghy by the dock" It is in reference to the ferries between stt and stj stopping at midnight and not resuming until 6am. sometimes they just need a ride home.