Barry Grant Filed Bankruptcy

Notices

Barry Grant Filed Bankruptcy

Old 02-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

Found this

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/geo...v00179/124479/

I think Barry Grant came up with an idea and had a patent (fuel bowl window or jet access???) and Holley copied it.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shah Mat
I read a nasty thread on drag racing forum that you can't buy rebuild parts for his fuel pumps. You had to send the pump back to have it rebuilt. Most guys were livid about this. A BG rep came onto the thread and tried to defend this practice by saying it was for safety reasons, because of the dangers of fuel and fires. They pretty much ripped this guy to shreads, just like some of the OSO hounds do here. One drag racer said...I built my Mustang from the ground up that goes 0-200 mph in the quarter and I can't rebuild a fuel pump????

Guys were complaing about having to have a spare pump in the trailer, then if one failed you would have to send it off and the turn around time sucked. The only way to be safe at the track was to own three. One on the car, one in the trailer, and one sent off being rebuilt.
You were screwed if you ran two pumps ...

I have a BG400 in the hot rod and after reading that thread I wasn't going to have it fixed when it failed, I would have shopped for another brand. My boat has a mallory marine pump and I put brushes in it last year, just as a precaution because it had 200 hrs on it.

and they aint worth a Ch!t now
Old 02-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
I got a cute little message from Barry Grant today. After holding onto a $500 fuel pump for over a year that I needed rebuilt (warranty repair) they sent me a cute little note that read:

Perfect! I would think twice before buying one of their products new right now.
Be happy you got it back.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
What litigation?
my question also
Old 02-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Shah Mat
Found this

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/geo...v00179/124479/

I think Barry Grant came up with an idea and had a patent (fuel bowl window or jet access???) and Holley copied it.
It seems to me that Barry Grant may have copied some things from Holley carbs rather than the other way around.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had great luck with the Mallory Comp 140 and 250 series pumps, on my last Pro Street/Outlaw car I used a Magnaflow 500 and it worked awesome! I HAD a BG 280 for use with nitrous, I used a seperate 1 gallon cell up front and a dedicated nitrous pump, after ALL KINDS of problems, I switched to a Mallory Comp 250 and never had a problem.

BG: "Broken or Garbage"