Barry Grant Filed Bankruptcy >

Barry Grant Filed Bankruptcy

Notices

Barry Grant Filed Bankruptcy

Old 02-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Barry Grant Filed Bankruptcy

I got a cute little message from Barry Grant today. After holding onto a $500 fuel pump for over a year that I needed rebuilt (warranty repair) they sent me a cute little note that read:

"Repair Part Customer,
We are returning your product to you, as we are unable to repair or replace it at this time. Barry Grant Inc. has ceased operations and filed Chapter 7 (Bankruptcy).

Thank you.
Perfect! I would think twice before buying one of their products new right now.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks I have two new carbs waiting to go on as soon as the snows gone
Old 02-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
I got a cute little message from Barry Grant today. After holding onto a $500 fuel pump for over a year that I needed rebuilt (warranty repair) they sent me a cute little note that read:

I am surprised. He used to do a good job on my blower carbs.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown

Chapter 7 is gone total liquidation!

My Response to them is goodbye, good ridence, dont let the door hit you in the ass. You build garbage and its too bad it did nt happen sooner.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

known that for a whyle,,my inside source said that BG will be back but the Demon line wont..Time will tell..
Old 02-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Registered

From Barry Grant
As of today, February 18, 2011 we are ceasing operations at our Dahlonega location and all subsidiary locations. Working with all of you has been the experience of a lifetime. I will value your support as friends, customers, vendors, and media contacts forever. The economic situation has put the company in the position of not being able to find working capital needed to continue operations and get a chapter 11 reorganization plan through the court. In addition to this, is that all of our equipment has been breaking down causing production delays and further hurting cash flow. Reluctantly now we must convert to chapter 7 liquidation after 26 years of business. The financial collapse has closed, or has caused severe restructuring of many companies in our industry. Many individuals have lost everything. We have even lost our home. This is the most humbling experience of my life, and I have no future plans at this point. Thank You for Your Many Years of Support
Old 02-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 51 Posts
Angry

Good or bad dealings with them don't really matter much right now but what does matter is that this economy has cost anther small business in America to close its' doors.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sonicss42
Good or bad dealings with them don't really matter much right now but what does matter is that this economy has cost anther small business in America to close its' doors.
What do you mean???... It's all over with... Just as Obama...

Old 02-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 51 Posts

No finger pointing here, just an observation. My father told me a long time ago "if the shoe fits".
Old 02-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Registered

I agree with Pro1....we bought 2 blower carbs from them about a year and a half ago. I kid you not when I tell you that ALL 4 bowls were full of metal shavings/fillings. I almost puked when we took them apart. I wouldnt tell anybody to buy a BG product. (I wouldnt use a Fram oil filter on anything either...lol).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.