Notices

New Theme Boat!

Old 02-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Thanks for the kind words. I am not trying to something really big, like cure cancer, I am just hoping that this little boat can bring some smiles to some faces that otherwise may not have alot to smile about. The name of the boat is St.LukesEarlyDetection.com and we will have plenty of information that we will be handing out in order to help educate folks about what resources are out there.

EVERYBODY has a story. I took the trailer to another painter as the boat painter does not have a second booth. When I picked up the boat, the painter said that he had share the story of this boat with a friend of the family that has stage 4 liver cancer. This friend got a ride down to the shop, and spent several hours with the painter prepping the trailer. When they were completed, he was exhausted, but I was told that he had not felt "better" in months.

Ona-Mission- Give your mom a big hug from me. It is people like her that somehow made me do this. I am hoping to come up to Grand Rapids some time this summer to visit a friends business. I would love to time it with some kind of a run or event if the timing would work out. What I am trying to do with out of town runs/events is to find a local sponsor(s) to purchase co-branded promotional merchandise (their business and the boat), this merchandise would be given away for donations. 100% of these donations would go directly to a local cancer charity that the sponsor would decide on. $1000 or $1500 of promotional merchandise (pink bandanas/hats/backpack/stickers/T-shirts/etc.) should bring in $4000-$5000. I don't have the time to do many of these, but will do what I can. Next winter it may be an excuse to get out of the snow!

I am also having a portable "staircase" fabricated so that folks can get into the boat (especially kids) in order to get their pictures taken. While the kids are climbing in for pics, it will be a perfect time to slow down the parents enough to get some information in their hands.

What started out as a simple idea years ago, has become something way bigger than I ever thought.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:51 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

nice, great cause, cancer sucks, my step dad is battling Prostate cancer as we speak.
Dean
Old 02-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job!!!! Both my mother and mother-in-law are breast cancer survivors and I applaud you for your efforts.

If you ever drag that boat down to Oklahoma, I would like to shake your hand and buy you a drink....

Matt
Old 02-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good. I'm sure you will raise awareness and $$ for the cause.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Looks good. I'm sure you will raise awareness and $$ for the cause.
Thanks for your help also, Dean. I just looked at the pics that you had sent me to figure out the trim tab alignment. We are ending up with bolts right in the center of the stringer, but it appears that we can go out furthur with them, based on the pics of your boat.

Hopefully the boat will be sprayed with the Synergy Green tonight! I am way looking forward to seeing it in the morning. The guy doing the paint and rigging (JDL Motorsports in Marion, Iowa), is really doing a detailed job on the prepping of this boat before paint. He tells me that he believes in doing it one way!

Thank you to the others for the kind words of encouragement. I will certainly post on here if we are going to take it to the road at all. I would look forward to meeting each of you. The one definite road trip that we will be making is for the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout in the fall. I am working on a couple of ideas for the week of the Shootout that may raise some money for a local cancer charity.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Registered

where are you located at..my mother is a cancer survivor and i would be more than willing to make those seats match the paint

Last edited by mptrimshop; 02-22-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
where are you located at..my mother is a cancer survivor and i would be more than willing to make those seats match the paint
I am in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I am getting to the point that timing is critical, but the seats are just covers and I could UPS them to you for patterns. That would be very, very cool.

Like I say, the stories that I am hearing are just endless.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Registered

i rally hope we can get together and get this done...here is a link to the material i think we should use

http://www.designerpages.com/product...ke-Wv-200-Wave
Old 02-23-2011, 06:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
i rally hope we can get together and get this done...here is a link to the material i think we should use

http://www.designerpages.com/product...ke-Wv-200-Wave
We will talk later today. Jr plays hockey for Iowa and will be in Chicago on Saturday. He may be able to bring them in with him.

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:04 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Thanks for your help also, Dean. I just looked at the pics that you had sent me to figure out the trim tab alignment. We are ending up with bolts right in the center of the stringer, but it appears that we can go out furthur with them, based on the pics of your boat.

Hopefully the boat will be sprayed with the Synergy Green tonight! I am way looking forward to seeing it in the morning. The guy doing the paint and rigging (JDL Motorsports in Marion, Iowa), is really doing a detailed job on the prepping of this boat before paint. He tells me that he believes in doing it one way!

Thank you to the others for the kind words of encouragement. I will certainly post on here if we are going to take it to the road at all. I would look forward to meeting each of you. The one definite road trip that we will be making is for the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout in the fall. I am working on a couple of ideas for the week of the Shootout that may raise some money for a local cancer charity.
If you have bolts going into the center of a stinger just use Stainless steel lags. They will be plenty strong if you are into a stringer. On my Formula they hit the side of the stringer and I just notched the stringer and then re-glassed it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.