"Epic Powerboats" Miami Review >

"Epic Powerboats" Miami Review

Notices

"Epic Powerboats" Miami Review

Old 02-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We don't advertise our boat as a fish boat. It's a " go fast " center console w/ a huge cabin area upfront. WestCoast is correct again on the beam @ 8'6. Wide beam V-hull boats will never give you the ride that you'll get on our 41.

This picture was last fall on the 1st sea trial without the hardtop.
Attached Thumbnails "Epic Powerboats" Miami Review-1st41ramp.jpg  
Old 02-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
We don't advertise our boat as a fish boat. It's a " go fast " center console w/ a huge cabin area upfront. WestCoast is correct again on the beam @ 8'6. Wide beam V-hull boats will never give you the ride that you'll get on our 41.

This picture was last fall on the 1st sea trial without the hardtop.
I always miss out on the cool rides. What is the price point on the boat equipped as the one @ the show?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Prices start at 250 k. Just depends on options. Scott has been out in the boat and he can tell you how it runs.
Attached Thumbnails "Epic Powerboats" Miami Review-1st41scott.bmp  
Old 02-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see this all the time. What is 72 mph + ? I'm not talking anything about the boat you're talking about. I'm just wondering what people are talking about when they say 58 mph +, or 72 mph+. Does 72 mph + mean 72.2, or 72.6. It has to be under 73 mph or it would be 73 +. Or are people trying to make a certain speed sound better than it is ? Again, this has nothing to do with this paticular boat, I just see it all the time and I was wondering what other peoples views were on this. I don't mean any dis-respect to anybody, so please don't anybody take this as anything more than just an observation. Safe boating everybody.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by frankenstein
I see this all the time. What is 72 mph + ? I'm not talking anything about the boat you're talking about. I'm just wondering what people are talking about when they say 58 mph +, or 72 mph+. Does 72 mph + mean 72.2, or 72.6. It has to be under 73 mph or it would be 73 +. Or are people trying to make a certain speed sound better than it is ? Again, this has nothing to do with this paticular boat, I just see it all the time and I was wondering what other peoples views were on this. I don't mean any dis-respect to anybody, so please don't anybody take this as anything more than just an observation. Safe boating everybody.
I saw 72.6...Hope that helps.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Lit up in Miami!
Attached Thumbnails "Epic Powerboats" Miami Review-1st41miami.bmp  
Old 04-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Registered

Check out the lastest Powerboat magizine for a great writeup on the EPIC 41. They got some great pictures of her as well. Way to go Brian!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:47 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Check out the lastest Powerboat magizine for a great writeup on the EPIC 41. They got some great pictures of her as well. Way to go Brian!
Brian,
Congrats on the new boat, I've been checking it out for awhile, and it is Sweet! I might be coming to the Lockheed Martin plant in Marietta this year, and if I do, I'd like to come by the shop and check it out in person. I'll send a PM if/when I headed your way.
Again Congrats!!
Dean
Old 04-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by frankenstein
I think the reason a term like "plus" is used is that in general when a boat consistently runs over a certain number it is called mph#-plus. It pointless to say a boat runs say 76.4 (an exact number) because it wont run that exact same number every time out. Boats run a certain number for that day and condition, may run 76.2 the next or maybe 76.9. I think its just a general term used to let perspective buyers know what to expect. Easiest way to illustrate the point is think of your own boat. Doest it run the exact same number every time out? to the tenth? I've got a few mph swing in any of mine. Sometimes as much as ten or fifteen if i'm in the bar hope this helps

Great job on the boat Brian and crew! Cant wait to see it in person.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 04-08-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 554 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Yes very nice boat from the guys at Epic, we can't wait to get our hands on one for a review in Powerboat.

Good luck
-Jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.